post slide storage

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris

Jul 16, 2002
singapore
Visit site
How do u guys store your slides after process? Do you store it in the box provided or in a slide sleeve file? I'm asking this becos i find that when i need to view the slides, it can be quite tedious to view the slides one by one after its been process and every time u want to view it. whereas if i file it up properly, is so convient but of course its another tedious job to file it. but at least it a one time effort. I also found that these sleeve files don't come cheap man... 1 pack of 5 cost $13 which can hold 100 slides. Anyone got better lo bang?

I think I''ll probably an extreme case here. I usually choose not more than 4 from a unmounted roll (self imposed), scan them, cut them out and then mount them in Geppe glass mounts. They are then placed in an airtight box and stored in the fridge. Kiasuism at its extreme!

Sometimes I would take them out, taw them and edit them again, but that is very infrequent. I have no need to put them in sleeves for display as I already have the electronic image.

BTW, I have experienced slides placed at room temperature and environmental humidity having fungus after a month. I've not had known someone with the same experience though.

you could get slide sleeves from the Adorama.com cheap cheap at 20US$ per pack of 100sheets x 20 sleeves per sheet...or simply 0.36S$/sheet.

i got a friend to buy for me while he was in the states. otherwise you have to pay rather high shipping charge to get it to singapore because they only do ship overseas by Fedex air mail instead of USPS eco surface mail.

you may want to place a big bulk order to min shipping cost....we have a big membership in the clubsnap too.

this was what i bought - 3x100sheet altogether -
http://www.adoramaphoto.com/catalog.tpl?op=details&sid=10368942199563131&sku=FSST100

5sheets for 13$, 1 for 2.6$??!?!
our local photo dealers are really making big money manz!!!!!!

i could have bought more and make a small fortune out of it, selling 2S$/sheet...hahaaahahaa. :rbounce:

btw...i think we are having too many polling stations around liao.

thanks for the lobang man.... U want somemore of these sleeves? I think i'll be ordering some.

Possible for me to latch on this deal as well? i have loads of slides and dunno how to store them properly...

i probably need to store a thousand slides easily...

:bwhat: luv good deals

sleeves? include me in too if u guys ordering... anyway i find store in the box provided better leh as its easier to take out n load into projector tray

Status
Not open for further replies.