Storage for My 350D

Status
Not open for further replies.

slooker_02

Aug 14, 2005
Hi all.

I wanted to get those PSD for my 350D. I would like to shoot in RAW+JPG. A 1GB card can only contain about 70 pics.

So I would like to get those PSD.

I am looking at either Epson P2000 or the latest Creative Zen Vision so that when I go on hoilday, it can acts as my storage.

I wanted the big screen to check my photos so that I know that are not corrupted in anyway.

Anyone can advise which is a better choice?

have a look at the i-station i2

http://www.istationhq.com/
look at the review maybe..
i'm aiming for this..
30gb, with top quality music storage/playback, maybe GPS, touchpad, big screen..
why not..cost less than the P2000..

korean goods though, so if u got something against koreans..

The resolution of the istation is only 320 by 240. FAR LESS than the P2000 or creative zen vision.

Anyway the creative zen is not out yet so your only choice is P2000. I have used the P2000 for 2 months and the screen is perfect but the navigation is rather slow. The zooming function also not very good. If only they implemented a one button 100% zoom.

sold the P2000 yesterday as I did not have much use for it anymore. Maybe will buy the creative one when it comes out. The MP3 playback should be better. Dunno if the screen is just as good.

slooker_02 said:
Hi all.

I wanted to get those PSD for my 350D. I would like to shoot in RAW+JPG. A 1GB card can only contain about 70 pics.

So I would like to get those PSD.

I am looking at either Epson P2000 or the latest Creative Zen Vision so that when I go on hoilday, it can acts as my storage.

I wanted the big screen to check my photos so that I know that are not corrupted in anyway.

Anyone can advise which is a better choice?

Are you sure 1GB card can only contain 70 pics?!? My 1D II RAW+ JPEG (S) can shoot around 80 pictures...

This CompactDrive PD70X cheap and good.
You get your own HD.
PD70X.jpg

+evenstar said:
Are you sure 1GB card can only contain 70 pics?!? My 1D II RAW+ JPEG (S) can shoot around 80 pictures...

eh you are using 1D2 can set the compression of the Jpeg lah (RAW + L fine and so on)...so can shoot abit more...350D no setting of Jpeg in RAW+Jpeg (only in L fine).

Hi all. Thanks for the reply.

PD70 is not considered as I cannot see the files. Worse case is, you download, assume everything is ok, then when you are back from holidays, you dl it, found that it was corrupted.

Anyone knows where to get the comparison between P2000 and Creative Zen Vision?

A 1GB Ultra II does indeed contains only about 70pics only.That was the number given by the camera.

slooker_02 said:
Hi all. Thanks for the reply.

PD70 is not considered as I cannot see the files. Worse case is, you download, assume everything is ok, then when you are back from holidays, you dl it, found that it was corrupted.

Anyone knows where to get the comparison between P2000 and Creative Zen Vision?

A 1GB Ultra II does indeed contains only about 70pics only.That was the number given by the camera.
So, you have a LCD on your storage drive, and file is corrupted, what are you going to do? What can you do? Nothing much without a PC. Format the flash memory frequently so that the card is not overly defragmented, you should be fine.

My fren is using this archos brand.
US brand. Its quite good, can play video + view pics.
There's new version with 20G n 40G.
Check it out at Funan Memory World.

Deadpoet said:
So, you have a LCD on your storage drive, and file is corrupted, what are you going to do? What can you do? Nothing much without a PC.

Well, at least you know, rather than find out at the end of your month-long, once in a lifetime trip to Mongolia when you come back home. You'll lose at most a day's worth of shooting (if say, you transfer them to your viewer daily), and can try to rectify the problem, or even fall back to other methods of shooting (film?).

I've been hunting for a cheap device that can act as a portable hard disk to transfer files out of memory card and also play the images onto a TV but it seems to be a futile effort so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.