Stopped by security guards while taking photos of buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obviously a bluff. Take a photo of the guard and then report him.

+evenstar said:
i've some guy who claims that he's a security guard and he'll shoot you with his weapon if you take a photo of the building he's in charge of.

anyone can clarify under what circumstances an armed guard can shoot? IIRC, it's only to disarm an attacker or as self defence only?

+evenstar said:
i've some guy who claims that he's a security guard and he'll shoot you with his weapon if you take a photo of the building he's in charge of.

anyone can clarify under what circumstances an armed guard can shoot? IIRC, it's only to disarm an attacker or as self defence only?

For singapore only, all police wear their guns visibly unless they are CID or something like that. If this case, they need to carry their ID as well as a permit for the gun if I am not wrong.

Anyway, local police are not allowed to shoot anyone unless the person he is shooting at is:

a) Carrying a gun
b) Threatening the life of another person
c) Assaulting him

If you need any clarifications, can always call the Police! hahaa :bsmilie:

i tried calling my neighbourhood police post, and said this, "Hi, i'm a student doing a project on the SPF, may i ask one simple question about the usage of firearms by armed officers?"

and the officer on duty said, "sorry, we cannot disclose any information." and hung up

next, i called up the police HQ (yes the HQ), and got this reply, "sorry, we're busy"

:thumbsd:

dang... got the same problem few days back athe building beside clifford jetty...

i was just there to take pic of the rock deco and that dang guard came :thumbsd:

+evenstar said:
i tried calling my neighbourhood police post, and said this, "Hi, i'm a student doing a project on the SPF, may i ask one simple question about the usage of firearms by armed officers?"

and the officer on duty said, "sorry, we cannot disclose any information." and hung up

next, i called up the police HQ (yes the HQ), and got this reply, "sorry, we're busy"

Naturally they dun entertain students doing project.. they got a dept to handle those..
Call 999, tell them a guard is threatening you and also threaten to shoot you with a gun...
Then see what they say.. haha.. if they dun response, you can happily write in to straits times! :bsmilie:

there's something called Starnet for those looking for contact information of government chaps.

It's on the Singapore Government portal.Whether they respond promptly or file it in the "out" bin, that I cannot be certain. :bsmilie:

hopefully we will not become something like UK.

haiz....

They should come out with a proper procedure for this..

I remember i read somewhere , that this photographer was stopped by the security guard.
The photographer spoke to the management. He struck a deal with them, and he is allowed to take photos after he provide his details to them...

+evenstar said:

u called up the wrong dept. :bsmilie:

call this no. 6 353 0000 (police HQ, ask them to transfer you to Public Affairs Department[PAD])

Ashleyy said:
For singapore only, all police wear their guns visibly unless they are CID or something like that. If this case, they need to carry their ID as well as a permit for the gun if I am not wrong.

Police no need a permit for their guns, all they need is their Warren Card. Not only CID carry hidden arms, other dept. too or plain clothes officers in operations..

Ashleyy said:
Anyway, local police are not allowed to shoot anyone unless the person he is shooting at is:

a) Carrying a gun
b) Threatening the life of another person
c) Assaulting him

If you need any clarifications, can always call the Police! hahaa :bsmilie:

a) half correct, if the person carries a gun and IS going to discharge the weapon at anyone or things which will be life threatening, the police therefore can fire at the suspect.

c) Assaulting "him" <-- i think ur "him" refer to the police. But assaulting the police doesn't lead to discharging of the arms, UNLESS, the assaulting is life threatening, if not the police have to use other means to fight back.

Kekeke. you sound so serious.. din I sat something like that in regards to carrying hidden arms... ;p

As for a.. ever since the case which the police officer who died after being shot, things have changed a bit.. If the police see a gun carrying a gun, naturally can also assume he's armed and dangerous and threatening pple rite? haa.. :bsmilie:

Ashleyy said:
Kekeke. you sound so serious.. din I sat something like that in regards to carrying hidden arms... ;p

maybe i put this up is better---> ;)

Ashleyy said:
As for a.. ever since the case which the police officer who died after being shot, things have changed a bit.. If the police see a gun carrying a gun, naturally can also assume he's armed and dangerous and threatening pple rite? haa.. :bsmilie:

i think tat case was the police officer shot himself...:sweat:

Would it perhaps be different if you would put on your best tourist outfit? Perhaps you guys look to local, hence the suspicions?

Perhaps just put on your flipflops, a suncap, and some hawaian shirt, and all would be ok?

I'd guess those people have more to fear from the kinds that photograph with a 1 inch compact camera, hidden in the button of their jackets..

I don't think that its correct that the filtering criteria is based on how someone dresses.

DikkieD said:
Would it perhaps be different if you would put on your best tourist outfit? Perhaps you guys look to local, hence the suspicions?

Perhaps just put on your flipflops, a suncap, and some hawaian shirt, and all would be ok?

I'd guess those people have more to fear from the kinds that photograph with a 1 inch compact camera, hidden in the button of their jackets..

Status
Not open for further replies.