Stones that tell time???

Status
Not open for further replies.

spycyfish

Apr 6, 2002
South of Singapore
stones.jpg

this is another of those images that i took during my student days in england... Taken at the National Trust's StoneHenge

comments are welcome...

i decided to remove the bottom two images...

Wow wee, this is nice!

Where is this place exactly ah? Heard of this big stones b4 but dunno exactly where :)

Nice picture of the Stonehenge. You have created a star effect using the stones and the sun. Was that done on purpose? I think it is very creative of you to let only a small part of the sun through the stones. Well done.

Great work!! :thumbsup:
Care to share how do you tell time from these stones??;)

great stuff! :thumbsup:
the 1st one is the best & not just for the star effect... for the other 2, think there's too much of the lower dark portion...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by spycyfish

this is another of those images that i took during my student days in england... Taken at the National Trust's StoneHenge

comments are welcome...

Originally posted by lewfs
Great work!! :thumbsup:
Care to share how do you tell time from these stones??;)

Here's what I got from this website...

http://www.christiaan.com/stonehenge/info/students

Stonehenge is definitely one of England's greatest icons. Its original purpose is still somewhat unclear, but some have speculated that it was a temple made for worship of ancient earth deities.

It has also been called an astronomical observatory for marking significant events on the ancient prehistoric calendar. Others claim that it was a sacred site created by Merlin and King Arthur for the burial of high-ranking citizens from societies of long ago.

No matter what the claim has been for Stonehenge's original purpose, the truth is that it has inspired countless generations of people to strive to learn and figure out the history of our past. Stonehenge is somewhat a 'gateway to the realms' providing insights into humanities past and showing that maybe we weren't as 'technically challenged' as some would like us to believe.

Originally posted by nuts
great stuff! :thumbsup:
the 1st one is the best & not just for the star effect... for the other 2, think there's too much of the lower dark portion...

..NuTs..

i also think that the first one looks better...

i cropped the original image to reduce the "dark portion" u mentioned...

Status
Not open for further replies.