Step up adapter for oly2040 Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Remember

For my Oly 2040, which step-up size will suite the DC better, stepping up to 52mm or 55mm(Are there any other sizes)?
Would to big of a step-up eg, 55mm block the internal flash or cause any problems?

Thanks....

both will block. instead of asking which one is better for the camera, you should be asking instead what you want to attach to it. If you want to get the 55mm threaded B300 teleconverter for e.g., stepping up to 52mm won't help.

That was fast!!!
Think I'll add in a UV filters 1st(for now), can I use 43mm and not add anymore extender ring?
I mean that if it's too big, won't it block the view finder?

Wah! thanks for the web site info.
OK now! what's the price of th Oly CLA-1?
And where can I get them.

Thanks....

Originally posted by Remember
Wah! thanks for the web site info.
OK now! what's the price of th Oly CLA-1?
And where can I get them.
Thanks....
Come, join us on Wednesday SEED. CP quoted me the CLA-1 for $30 2 weeks ago but no stock. Was told stock came in last week but someone was quoted $38 by CP as he went alone!

Hey thanks, but got to do lots of spring cleaning in the weekend so I'll have to give it a miss.

Anyway went to MS Color today and got the Oly step-up adapter for $32.
Got myself 2 Raydawn 43mm UV lens($8 each) and guess what, together with the Oly adapter(Cla-1) and the raydawn UV lens, the camera lens didn't bang onto the UV lens as it only missed by a very small margin.(Got the idea from http://www.hydrosoft.net/mark/c2020z/)
Too bad I've already crack one of the UV lens already.(Waste my money...)

One more thing, what's the average price of a cir-polarizer?
I ask for one but MS Color don't carry 43mm cir-polarizer.
Seem that it's quite hard to fine such a odd size lens.

Remember, are you season photograher? If you are newbie can sign up for the Oly DC training course, FOC for C2040. And if you DC has hot pixel problem after 1/2s shutter speed can re-map it at Oly SGP office. :)

Originally posted by Kevin
Remember, are you season photograher? If you are newbie can sign up for the Oly DC training course, FOC for C2040. And if you DC has hot pixel problem after 1/2s shutter speed can re-map it at Oly SGP office. :)

How long does it take for them to map? Must I left the camera with them for one day or can collect after a while?

Thanks.

Originally posted by binbeto

How long does it take for them to map? Must I left the camera with them for one day or can collect after a while?

Thanks.
Mr Goh say around half an hour but I waited only 20 minutes. So I wait there and chit chat with Helen the Receptionist loh. Remeber to bring a long the black screent test photo where you can show Mr Goh the hot pixel spot or a printout. If you are new to DC can ask her for the Registration form for Oly DC training course. Volk and Blitz and myself plan to request for a class together, if you guys interested, can join us. :)

Wah! free lessons, sure must join.
Me more new than newbie, don't even own a compact camera before.
I must say, it's addictive always thinking of buying this and that.
Haven't learn how to shoot properly already want to act like expert......

So where do I sign up for the lessons?

Originally posted by Remember
Wah! free lessons, sure must join.
Me more new than newbie, don't even own a compact camera before.
I must say, it's addictive always thinking of buying this and that.
Haven't learn how to shoot properly already want to act like expert......

So where do I sign up for the lessons?
Either register when you are at Oly Office or PM me your fax number so that I can fax the form to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.