starhub maxonline is it got problem now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Even I had the same bad experience with MaxOnline. I had 12Mbps plan. Actually I tested the speed over www.speedtest.net worlds recognized online speed measuring software at that time. According to that the the download speed was not even 512Kbps. So I took all the reports and emailed to StarHub. Then they send me a technical guy over my place and tested. He also realized its very very slow. He said he will report this to technical staff then will take some action. Unfortunately no action was taken for ever. I discontinued their service.

Now I have Signet 3Mbps connection. IT IS ALMOST 3Mbps. I tested using the same speedtest.net and all the time for those same destinations I check over StarHub, Singnet is giving me the almost 3Mbps speed.

It's value for money and almost 1/2 the price of monthly rental compared to MaxOnline 12Mbps.

Thanks.

A starhub story. pls dont be angry with me over this:bsmilie:

/////////////////////////////////////
A TRUE STORY - VERY SHOCKING

Very Shocking..... .
This is a real story of a young college girl who passed away last month in Pasir Ris.

Her name was Priya. She was hit by a truck.

She was working in a call center. She had a boy friend named Shankar.

Both of them were true lovers. They always talked on the phone.

You would never find her without handphone. In fact she also changed her cell connection from M-One to Starhub, so that both of them can be on the same network, and save on the cost. She used to spend half of the day talking with shankar. Priya's family knew about their relationship. . Shankar was very close to Priya's family as well. (Just imagine their love) .
Before she passed away she always told her friends 'If I pass away please burn me with my handphone' she also said the same thing to her parents.
After her death, people cld'nt carry her body, A lot of them tried to do so,but still can't. Everybody had tried to carry the body, the results were the same.
Eventually, they called a person known to one of their neighbours, who can speak with the soul of dead person and who was a friend of her father.
He took a stick and started speaking to himself slowly..
After a few minutes, he said 'this girl misses something here.' Then her friends told that person about her intentions to burn her with her phone.

He then opened the grave box and place her phone and sim card inside the casket. After that they tried to carry the body. It was then moved easily and they then carried her into the van.
All of us were shocked. Priya's parents did not inform Shankar that Priya had passed away..

After 2 weeks Shankar called Priya's mom.....

Shankar :.....'Aunty, I'm coming home today. Cook something nice for me.

Don't tell Priya that I'm coming home today, I wanna surprise her.'

Her mother replied..... 'You come home first, I wanna tell you something very important.'
After he came, they told him the truth about Priya.
Shankar thinks that they were playing a fool. He was laughing and said 'don't try to fool me - tell Priya to come out, i have a gift for her. Please stop this nonsense'.
Then they show him the original death certificate to him.
They gave him proof to make him believe. (Shankar started to sweat) He said... 'Its not true. We spoke yesterday.. She still calls me.

Shankar was shaking.
Suddenly, Shankar's phone rang.. 'see this is from Priya, see this....' he showed the phone to priya's family. all of them told him to answer. he talked using the loudspeaker mode.
All of them heard his conversation.
Loud and clear, no cross lines, no humming.
It is the actual voice of Priya & there is no way others could use her sim card since it is nailed inside the grave box

They were so shocked and asked for the same person's
(who can speak with the soul of dead person) help again. He brought his master to solve this matter.

He & his master worked for 5 hours.

Then they discovered one thing which really shocked them....

Starhub has the best coverage
'Where ever you go, our network follows!!!'

Don't shout at me . . . I am also looking for the idiot who sent me this mail....
So, what you can now do is....you should also forward this mail to all your nearest and dearest...and enjoy...like i enjoyed

HA HA HA HA HA.....

hongsien, I'm sorry, i forgotten about this thread until i saw it yesterday. I've asked my bro and he just say he reset the router! On and off it can my prob is solved.

I hope u guys can settle your prob asap. Quite fustrating at times.

hongsien, I'm sorry, i forgotten about this thread until i saw it yesterday. I've asked my bro and he just say he reset the router! On and off it can my prob is solved.

my problem was resolved after i gave my router a day's rest. the question is what caused our routers to slow down. i find it very interesting that all this happened to us around the same time. maybe some denial of service attack.

my problem was resolved after i gave my router a day's rest. the question is what caused our routers to slow down. i find it very interesting that all this happened to us around the same time. maybe some denial of service attack.

Router manufacturer dun like starhub??:bsmilie:

Did that too, switch ALL of as well, but still slow............

The router is usually on all the time, maybe I should give it a rest, will try that

HS

The thing is that the connection is slow, without the router connected, but the computer directly onto the modem......

The thing is that the connection is slow, without the router connected, but the computer directly onto the modem......

Jump ship lah:devil:

Jump ship lah:devil:
The thing is that I was a happy Starhub user for many years, never had this kind of problems......

I was attracted to the Singtel mio offer though as it covers all in one account, and it looks cheaper than Starhub. But I heard disconnection problems with Singtel more often than Starhub, so I don't know yet

They asked me to do a Trace Router test (3x) through their website, and I need to get the software go to the site that has slow connections. BUT the thing is that I can only ask the software to go to the homepage (of photobucket) and that page loads normal. It is the next page AFTER logging in (with password and ID) that is very slow to load. And I can not ask the Starhub test software to go the page with the images as it requires logging in......

I am at a fix! :-(

HS

Disconnect in what sense? Cannot surf at all for like periods of anything above 10mins??

Eh, as a singtel user, i wld say it occurs but not too often lah....

anyway.....

read somewhere that it's a problem with their DNS servers.

i've changed DNS servers and it actually works faster now. in fact, my speedtest.net readout last night was 7000, which was quite surprising for me. looks like the DNS servers were the limiting factor.

google is your friend. :)

eh guys. please try this and let me know whether it works for you. it worked for me.

No idea but my bro told me long time ago that resetting the router will solve most probs. Maybe routers need to refresh once in a while.

Been having timeout problems with maxonline as well. And also, I haven't touched my games a whole lot, but recently I logged into steam for some cs source, and found my pings of normal SG servers were 140 to 160 instead of the usual 50, which is very bad.

No idea why too.

So, has the issue been resolved, my internet still down leh!!!
After I told the helpdesk of starhub that the pages that gave me problems were the ones that needs logging in (can't do their test, and their tests works well for the homepages of photobucket and eBay, which doesn't solve our problems), there was no response............

HS

After I told the helpdesk of starhub that the pages that gave me problems were the ones that needs logging in (can't do their test, and their tests works well for the homepages of photobucket and eBay, which doesn't solve our problems), there was no response............

HS

Think my router is conking out. Everything looks fine but my connection goes on and off and is very slow. Direct to modem is alright and so, think my router is the prob. Hiazzz, its only about a year old.

Think my router is conking out. Everything looks fine but my connection goes on and off and is very slow. Direct to modem is alright and so, think my router is the prob. Hiazzz, its only about a year old.
In my case its not the router, as when the computer is directly connected to the modem, it is still as slow as before......:-(

HS

Told them 2 days ago I got this message when trying to do the Router Trace test: "An Error was encountered when executing the Trace Route Command"

But no reply, today, I sent them a reminder.......

I also explained to them I can only do a router trace test for the homepage of Photobucket (which by the way gave no problems at all, it is the pages with my images AFTER logging in that downloads very very slow)......

HS

Told them 2 days ago I got this message when trying to do the Router Trace test: "An Error was encountered when executing the Trace Route Command"

But no reply, today, I sent them a reminder.......

I also explained to them I can only do a router trace test for the homepage of Photobucket (which by the way gave no problems at all, it is the pages with my images AFTER logging in that downloads very very slow)......

HS

if you are not using windows...you will need to rename your traceroute command to tracert.

Status
Not open for further replies.