Stairs of Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiruikage

Oct 30, 2007
www.flickr.com
I will like feedback on photography techniques, inclusive of composition, and anything I need to pay attention to.
The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture.
Aperture: f3.1, Shutter speed: 6 sec., ISO: 100, no flash, auto-focus.
I have chosen this shutter speed because I want the photo to be taken in near complete darkness when this photo was taken; around 930pm at Sky Garden.

2129405764_b704ec110e.jpg

Looking at the picture, i am somehow disappointed at the shadow cast by me at the lower right. the leave there was red because my friend was metering the scene behind me.

other than that...i think the photo could use some less color?

I'm quite surprised this is a 6sec exposure. The water is supposed to be running and hence the water movement should be quite creamy and not as static as in the photo?

My suggestion on the composition:
Our eye reads from left to right. The photo would benefit from a simple horizontal flip. The eyes would have a more natural guide/lead-in of the water flow from left to right.

was that leaf on the right hand side so stationary for 6 seconds while water was flowing through?

I'm quite surprised this is a 6sec exposure. The water is supposed to be running and hence the water movement should be quite creamy and not as static as in the photo?

My suggestion on the composition:
Our eye reads from left to right. The photo would benefit from a simple horizontal flip. The eyes would have a more natural guide/lead-in of the water flow from left to right.
yes...i also expected the water to be...flowing, but this is wat i got...
i will try the horizontal flip, see if it works. edit: arghh...my ArcSoft Photostudio software don even have the flip function. only rotate. dem....gotta get me a new editing software! :(
was that leaf on the right hand side so stationary for 6 seconds while water was flowing through?
yes...the leaf is somehow stuck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.