LR Tips Spring Training: Learn New Design Skills Free Online

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
Authors:
Pariah Burke

Rating:
0/5

Body:
I just got back from a trip to Phoenix, Arizona where I was consulting on a new type of digital publication. While there, providing training in the Spring to my client’s team, I took in a spring training MLB baseball game. On the plane home I was struck by the correlation between the two types of spring training. I invite you to follow my lead and renew your energy and passion for your creative profession. Nurture new skills to flower options in new fields. Update and reinforce your existing knowledge or dive into something completely new, online (and mostly for free) with the following resources.
[h=2]lynda.com[/h]Get 7 days of unlimited access to lynda.com free! That’s a full week—168 hours—free reign in the vast library to learn anything within hundreds of topics ranging from 2D and 3D drawing and animation through Web design and Web development. When the free 7-day trial is up, you can continue learning with an unlimited access membership for as little as $21 per month—a sum worth paying for the ever-expanding library of great knowledge available.
[h=2]YouTube[/h]Wait! Don’t skip this section! True, YouTube is a barely regulated barnyard of videos ranging from the fantastic to the feculent. If you know where to look (hint: this list!), you can discover gems of good, active sources of design and design business education created by genuine authorities in the field. Check out and perhaps subscribe to the below channels—the diamonds in the dung, if you will—to learn something new, participate in ongoing discussions, and learn—guano-free.
[h=3]A.J. Wood[/h]
[h=3]Jan Kabili[/h]
[h=3]Pariah Burke[/h]
[h=3]Richard Harrington[/h]
[h=3]Tom Green[/h]
[h=2]Adobe TV[/h]Obviously centering around Adobe tools and technologies, Adobe TV is a free video training Website with a growing selection of video tutorials. Most are task-specific or discuss new features in each version of Adobe’s products, though there are quite few workflow-related videos as well.

Inserted Article Image(s):
20140317_lynda.jpg

20140317_youtube_aj.jpg

20140317_youtube_jan.jpg

20140317_youtube_pariah.jpg

20140317_youtube_rich.jpg

20140317_youtube_tom.jpg

20140317_adobetv.jpg

Article Slider image:
20140317-spring-slideshow.jpg

[h=2]Liked This? Read These![/h]
[h=3]Online Training Leader Lynda.com Announces Release of Access 2007 Essential Training[/h]

lynda.com, the leader in self-paced digital media and design training, today introduced Access 2007 Essential Training. Read More
[h=3]Lynda.com Announces Launch Today on Adobe Labs of Free Video Training for Apollo Alpha[/h]

lynda.com, the company specializing in self-paced career and computer training in digital media and design, today introduced Apollo Alpha Preview with Mike Chambers. Read More
[h=3]Total Training Announces Online Library of Video Tutorials[/h]

Total Training, Inc., a pioneer in engaging and innovative video-based training, today announced the next step in its plans to offer a premium training experience to its customers by introducing... Read More
[h=3]Lynda.com Announces New Author: David Blatner Adobe Certified Expert Joins Esteemed Group of Online Training Library Authors[/h]

lynda.com, the leader in video-based training for digital media and design software, today announced its new relationship with author and instructor David Blatner, and the immediate availability of... Read More

Graphics
Graphics Asset Mgmt./Workflow
Graphics Image Editing
Illustration
Photography
Photo Asset Mgmt./Workflow
Photo Image Editing
Print
PDF
Print Asset Mgmt./Workflow
Print Design & Layout
Type