Spot on leica lens or inside leica lens

wife-i want to buy chanel bag ley.
me-for what,so ex.
wife-you dont think i duno yr leica also very ex lor.
me-no lah,mine 2nd hand 1 cheap cheap only.
wife-dont think i stupid.i did a google about yr camera last night.
me-hmm,i buy camera can take nice picture of you and baby mah.
wife-pls lor u dun even know how to use.let alone take good pic of us.
me-staring blanking at her,nothing to say.

Guys,u tell me how to answer or find excuse for myself:(.....

I think at this point you have to let your pictures do the talking.
Get some books on composition, lighting, and stuff..you get get them at Riceball at Funan IT Mall.

actually hor, to learn your M9 best is to go out into the field and shoot. Follow RF.SG on their outing and you will learn alot very quickly, since you can ask the many shifus and shijies and get answer on the spot.

sometimes, surf internet and read too much is all theory, does not really help. need real life practice to apply the theory. You can spend $20,000 on M9 + Noctilux, but if you dun go out and shoot, it is useless lor.

like me hor... personally my problem is I very seldom got time to go out and shoot. only got time to talk cork on internet forum. i am your typical case of empty vessel making noise. the true pros hor, they are always in streets shooting, they dun talk so much in forum like me wan lol.

as far as wife is concern, if you got baby, you just take many picture of baby for wife to see. soon she will appreciate the leica wan. better than me lor, I got no baby or cat/dog and my wife hates to be photographed. In my family only my mother let me take photo of her. haiz, and that is only because she slow to siam...

ok better dun digress from topic liao, wait moderator beat my backside

Last edited:
dude from what i've been seeing, i think it's best if you do more "homework" before buying anymore things. (yes, even if you can well afford it..)

Last edited:
dude from what i've been seeing, i think it's best if you do more "homework" before buying anymore things. (yes, even if you can well afford it..)

Words of Wisdom from a young lady.:thumbsup:
I supposed you have spoken to several of us. Sometimes speaking to too many people may confuse you more as each of us has a different slant.
Sit down & think...then chart your own course...
I think one wise move that you had taken is that you sold your M9 and swapped for a M8.:)

Last edited:

Leica 101, never talk price with other users in the presense of yr spouse..& always STRESS you had a great buy, that your latest find has a slight flaw that the seller had "no choice" but to sell you at 'dirt cheap' price.. and that you definitely "Tann Tiao", and lastly spice it up by saying this is the lens/camera that inspired you into RF.. (after a while, he/she will lose count what inspires you afterall). Good luck.

Buy first... no need to find excuses. just keep it low profile!

What you can do is try to get either black paint (or chrome) camera bodies & lenses... that way, harder to tell when its a new buy! RF lenses are smaller so should be easier to get by too... if worried abt the logo etc, use gaffer tape to cover to make it less conspicuous! Try to get similar brand bodies too so shape more or less similar. Unless of course your wifey stand-by drycab then story over liao!

Its like bringing home a new white canon 70-200 L... that one confirm kena spotted! :sweatsm:

Leica 101, never talk price with other users in the presense of yr spouse..& always STRESS you had a great buy, that your latest find has a slight flaw that the seller had "no choice" but to sell you at 'dirt cheap' price.. and that you definitely "Tann Tiao", and lastly spice it up by saying this is the lens/camera that inspired you into RF.. (after a while, he/she will lose count what inspires you afterall). Good luck.

Hahaha... Sounds all too familiar. ;p

WOW, these "yi dui huo bao" (both got 'z') really "cute" lor :bsmilie:

Last edited:
it doesn't help that each leica lens is roughly the cost of 1 branded handbag.

when my wife look at my lens cabinet, she see handbag. always nag me to sell my lens so she can buy handbag

Last edited:
wife-i want to buy chanel bag ley.
me-for what,so ex.
wife-you dont think i duno yr leica also very ex lor.
me-no lah,mine 2nd hand 1 cheap cheap only.
wife-dont think i stupid.i did a google about yr camera last night.
me-hmm,i buy camera can take nice picture of you and baby mah.
wife-pls lor u dun even know how to use.let alone take good pic of us.
me-staring blanking at her,nothing to say.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Google sabo you

Wiping or touching the glass of a new lens at a shop is not good practice, I am surprised the shop allowed you to do it. At most use a blower to see if it will remove the spot.

Care to share which shop and what lens you looked at?

Sorry to create a misunderstanding.When i say i clean or feel the scratch.its with the help of a lens cleaning cloth wrap on my finger and also with the help a blower not with naked hand.And i suppose its not right either to feel it even with my fingers wrap with the cloth.I have learn something today and will not do it again.The shop is in around peninsula but i don't wanna name the shop.Actually when i show the sales lady the mark and she is actually the 1 who did it 1st bringing out a cloth and blower to try remove it away.But its still there so she ask me to clean see if i can remove.To be frank if she never offer me to do it i also don't dare to do it.