Split from ahquan's APAD thread - copyright dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh?

the TS posted the enhanced foto in his APAD. isn't that as good as saying that he is claiming it as his own? and he even accepted praises for it.

or tell me then, when did APAD becomes a forum for sharing someone else's work?

wat does fanart gotta do with it, since the TS did not mention at all, that the image used does not belong to him, and that it is afterall, only a 3D rendered imagery?

even the TS does not know that.

lol no my post was 100% directed as a reply to Ortega's. :sweat:

Lol, look like this thread is going nowhere even with mods stepping in now :bsmilie:

Sadly people underestimate the kind of trouble they might land themselves into. I had this problem recently.

And to think that some people can still defend what they're doing, and can still shoot back the original photographer, saying that they're unwilling to share, proud etc.

For my case, this guy took my photo and posted at a forum for crit, without saying it's not his, without saying its mine, just saying "what do you think of (subject), taken at (place)". He still has the cheek to say "not as if i'm stealing from you" and "i'm promoting your shot". Most of the times its not about if the original owner wants to sue the violator, its a matter of ethics and principles.

i urge you to note that never did i mention about the the owner not being willing to share the photos or being proud. i did appreciate if you would read and refine your words.

This is a matter between me and the owner and like i mentioned before, i have private messaged him a few days ago. i find it pointless to continue this arguement. its settled period. if you all prefer to blabber all your rubbish by all means do so. it was only my 2nd photo on APAD back in may when i bo liao went to do so editting of photos and really mistakely posted it. lets face it. your wallpaper you are using on your computer was rip off from somewhere too. its just a matter on who being an hypocrite and those who learn and move on. Yes i didnt read the guideline properly for APAD but everyone makes mistakes and so happen this was something alittle blown out of size. Like the mod said, its for the TS to reply so i didnt see how your comments helped in any way.

Last edited:
i urge you to note that never did i mention about the the owner not being willing to share the photos or being proud. i did appreciate if you would read and refine your words.

This is a matter between me and the owner and like i mentioned before, i have private messaged him a few days ago. i find it pointless to continue this arguement. its settled period. if you all prefer to blabber all your rubbish by all means do so. it was only my 2nd photo on APAD back in may when i bo liao went to do so editting of photos and really mistakely posted it. lets face it. your wallpaper you are using on your computer was rip off from somewhere too. its just a matter on who being an hypocrite and those who learn and move on. Yes i didnt read the guideline properly for APAD but everyone makes mistakes and so happen this was something alittle blown out of size. Like the mod said, its for the TS to reply so i didnt see how your comments helped in any way.

So you make a mistake and you have settled with the owner so let's forgive and forget, right?
OK forgive and forget already
And than I can across youe APAD and guess what I saw??

21may08.jpg

My favorite tune from the Daisy OST on my ipod.

June- Barcarolle from The Seasons, Op. 37b by Tchaikovsky

21 May 2008 with some photoshop :)

The above was just 2 minutes ago.

So, ............... learn your mistake? Settles? But supurisingly, still giving people the wrong impression. The Impression that since the image is in your APAD, it is suppose to be something you shot so it's suppose to be your picture?

So now, Forgive and Forget?:think:

I think the dead hourse just came back to life ;(

Last edited:
So you make a mistake and you have settled with the owner so let's forgive and forget, right?

21may08.jpg

My favorite tune from the Daisy OST on my ipod.

June- Barcarolle from The Seasons, Op. 37b by Tchaikovsky

21 May 2008 with some photoshop :)

So, ............... learn your mistake? Settles? But supurisingly, still giving people the wrong impression. The Impression that since the image is in your APAD, it is suppose to be something you shot so it's suppose to be your picture?

BTW, still got your name at the bottom left hand of your image some more :confused:

Last edited:

?

:dunno:

care to explain your intention and meaning?

Im saying, we should end this once and for all instead of members making posts while the disputed party themselves is not even slogging it out here.

Im saying, we should end this once and for all instead of members making posts while the disputed party themselves is not even slogging it out here.

totally argee...otherwise the vicious cycle will just keep on spinning...

may i suggest to save this thread as sticky for others to read, like case study. though TS still thinks he/she has done no wrong, but the community thinks otherwise.

i think this is a very good educational material.

Oops, Im really really sorry that I did not know this thread was split to the Kopitiam, until this morning when i received a PM from the mod. (Once again, thanks roygoh for the PM.)

ahquan said:
[...]This is a matter between me and the owner and like i mentioned before, i have private messaged him a few days ago. i find it pointless to continue this argument. its settled period.[...]

Erm, yah, all I remember is your nasty PMs sent to me, (including the insults like you saying, "I am wasting my time here with someone who cannot read. You just some brat crying for attention and totally in-mature in your actions. Like i mention shows how one was brought up and reflects badly the surname. Sorry but this be my last reply i see no point wasting my time.")

Of cos, its pointless to continue this argument "FOR YOU" as you know that you're completely on the wrong side.

Anyway, as you've replied here in this thread; if its the settled period, whats the settled solution? Well, I seriously demand a public apology for both posting my image without my consent, and for your nasty PMs. Well, I hope its not too much to ask for.

may i suggest to save this thread as sticky for others to read, like case study. though TS still thinks he/she has done no wrong, but the community thinks otherwise.

i dont see the purpose in this honestly, then how about other cases? like for instance the joeritzexposure case? that ones even better for case study wor. can publish text book that 1 so many pages. :rolleyes:

just curious, what kind of educational purpose would this thread serve as? :think:

just curious, what kind of educational purpose would this thread serve as? :think:
the educational value is immense! ... I will save them and show to the future generations how we used to spend our waking hours reading such trashes ....:dunno:

Oops, Im really really sorry that I did not know this thread was split to the Kopitiam, until this morning when i received a PM from the mod. (Once again, thanks roygoh for the PM.)

Erm, yah, all I remember is your nasty PMs sent to me, (including the insults like you saying, "I am wasting my time here with someone who cannot read. You just some brat crying for attention and totally in-mature in your actions. Like i mention shows how one was brought up and reflects badly the surname. Sorry but this be my last reply i see no point wasting my time.")

Of cos, its pointless to continue this argument "FOR YOU" as you know that you're completely on the wrong side.

Anyway, as you've replied here in this thread; if its the settled period, whats the settled solution? Well, I seriously demand a public apology for both posting my image without my consent, and for your nasty PMs. Well, I hope its not too much to ask for.

Take heart, looking at his PM which you have reproduced above, we can all see for ourselves who's the " brat crying for attention and totally in-mature in your actions. Like i mention shows how one was brought up and reflects badly the surname. " Jack the pot calling the kettle black?

This is no small boy feeling borded during the school holidays, he "suppose" to be from NTU, should be old enough to think already.

Asking for a public apology here would not be too much to ask for as even the Mods have suggested such a move.

Take heart, looking at his PM which you have reproduced above, we can all see for ourselves who's the " brat crying for attention and totally in-mature in your actions. Like i mention shows how one was brought up and reflects badly the surname. " Jack the pot calling the kettle black?

This is no small boy feeling borded during the school holidays, he "suppose" to be from NTU, should be old enough to think already.

Asking for a public apology here would not be too much to ask for as even the Mods have suggested such a move.

Please do no jump into conclusions. I feel your comments were uncalled for. "Canonised" you didn have to read it if it's wasting your time because it wasn't meant for you.

anyway i have apologised to waiaung . i said "my apology in one of the replies already" Maybe again if it wasn't clear. My apology to waiaung for not crediting your work when used and nt seel pior permission as for the community i am not apologising. Hope it settle this matter once and for all because its the thread for waiaung and me to settle not a free for all thread.

btw the TS is NOT me it's waiaung!!

i actually think that this is an issue where the mods can take a stand

and no one would fault them for it

of course it is best if the two parties can settle it, but apparently not. so. why is there a hesitation to flex moderator muscles? i think we can learn from the term "once bitten twice shy". as much as i would love to see people learning how to respect intellectual property, after getting trouble already and the individual still goes back to the very thing he is accused of (as yqt has brought up).. i think one more chance is one chance too many.

Last edited:

i think it actually reflects very interestingly on mindsets

the world is not one's oyster, and people have to learn that.. sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.