Specks on front element of lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvpdmg

Mar 8, 2008
I can get rid of most finger print and dust specks on the lens' front element, but there under a torch light, there are still some very small specks that even the lenspen cannot get rid of. Also the lenspen seems to create very very faint smudges. Can only be seen under strong torch light though. (Actually same problem on spectacles, cdrom surface too :confused:)

Is this normal? Shouldn't be scratches right, since I've always use the blower and brush before cleaning with lenspen or some microfiber cloth.

I can get rid of most finger print and dust specks on the lens' front element, but there under a torch light, there are still some very small specks that even the lenspen cannot get rid of. Also the lenspen seems to create very very faint smudges. Can only be seen under strong torch light though. (Actually same problem on spectacles, cdrom surface too :confused:)

Is this normal? Shouldn't be scratches right, since I've always use the blower and brush before cleaning with lenspen or some microfiber cloth.

Don't ever look at your lenses with a torch..... It will be endless.....

Haha! Ok thanks, I get the idea. Yea it's endless this way for cleaning other smooth surfaces too.

Don't ever look at your lenses with a torch..... It will be endless.....

the other day, out of fun i put my lens under the microscope and i nearly died

there is a colony of microorganisms everywhere!

i dumped dettol and industrial cleaner on it and...

now i have no more lens :(

just kidding. so long as the surface is clean, you should be ok.. even if there is slight dust on the surface, it is almost never seen, even when one shoots at extreme apertures like f/32.. which you shouldn't be doing yeah, due to diffraction

Status
Not open for further replies.