spare battery for k-r

Wow, first Emjay, now we have Adorama chasing our business!

the slot physical dimension is meant for AA, but need adapter to use... :bsmilie:
its like a CF slot but use SD card instead and to use CF card u need a adapter... :bsmilie:

The AA adapter should be bundle together with the camera if you ask me...

The AA adapter should be bundle together with the camera if you ask me...

I agree. Its quite silly not to include it because only a small minority of K-r owners will go to the trouble and expense of buying the original Pentax adapter which, I'm sure, will be quite expensive.

Hoping that third party manufacturers will be able to provide us with a decent alternative at a more reasonable cost soon.

Had this adapter been included in the box, I'm sure a lot of users would find it more convenient to use AA cells when the original Lithium Ion battery eventually runs down during a shoot.

Else a second pre-charged Lithium Ion battery can suffice too.

Maybe can arrange a mass order?
I thought of that too.
But I dont wish to make everyone happy, to realise its still expensive.

I just read that "This is a New Item, Not in stock yet, expecting delivery from Manufacturer." for the battery adapter.
But I believe they have stock for the Lithium battery though.

Awaiting reply, lets see how it goes. ;p

Wow, first Emjay, now we have Adorama chasing our business!
Im surprised as well.
Alot of ppl are lurking around here. :bsmilie:

just went to AP funan, they said they have K-r batteries.

original $ 100++
compatible 3rd party = half the price of it (stronger battery, thats what they said)

100 dollars for the batt? Mad. But I know that some other brands' original batteries are probably around the same price.

Do you know the 3rd party brand name? The last time FW review the DivX one, appears really good. Is it the same brand?

you can always buy the k-r, dump the lithium ion battery on me, and get the adapter with the money.... so that you can use all your eneloops. :heart:

U forget to mention .... u can give him yr eneloops :p

original $ 100++
compatible 3rd party = half the price of it (stronger battery, thats what they said)

oh dear....

ok, 3rd party it is then.

the 3rd party probably has a higher maH rating, but from experience, doesn't necessarily mean it will last longer. (on other cams, of course)

original $ 100++

Had anyone managed to get a Kr 3rd party battery yet in sg yet?

Walk past Manly, and they indicated that they don't have.

just to check, has anyone seen a 3rd party k-r battery yet?

if we are doing a mass order for the aa adapter for the k-r, count me in... hopefully the mass order can give all of us a good discount