Southern France Panoramas

Status
Not open for further replies.

loboclerk

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
Was in France for a few months.. think may have posted some before, sorry for any dupes. Abit hard to adjust the colours n brightness at times whiles titching as I was using a P&S cam. :sweat: Click for larger pic!

Martigues - the Venice of France

Arles - Inside the Amphitheatre

Aix en Provence - Mont Sainte-Victoire

Gordes - day time

Gordes - evening

Les Calanques

Cassis - Sunset

Marseille - Vieux Port

Marseille - Chateau D'If

Marseille - Prado Beach sunrise *yawn*

Cassis - Day Time

Marseille - view from my hotel (9 pics stitched vertically and horizontally)

Marseille - Vieux Port at night

Woowow! The Marseille one is unreal!!! V.GOOD! :thumbup:

Thanks for comments benchang and geoyip!

Wondering.. for those who dabble in pano, what proggies do you use? I've only been manually stitching pix together so far..

wow! Nice Pano series :thumbsup:
Thank for sharing... i will be going france too :D

Wah..... great shot....
make me feel like going also......
maybe u can sell these fotos to travel agents to print brouchers..... hehehe....

loboclerk said:
Wondering.. for those who dabble in pano, what proggies do you use? I've only been manually stitching pix together so far..
I use the tedious combination of Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools, PTGUI and Photoshop. It is probably the only combination that has any chance of overcoming the visible stitching seams in the technically difficult "Arles - Inside the Amphitheatre".

Ender said:
wow! Nice Pano series :thumbsup:
Thank for sharing... i will be going france too :D
Thanks! Which part of France will you be going to?

Annery said:
Wah..... great shot....
make me feel like going also......
maybe u can sell these fotos to travel agents to print brouchers..... hehehe....
Thanks for comments. :) Don't think travel agents want my photos.. haha.. they should be able to get much better I think. =b Anyway France ain't that fun after awhile. Things are too expensive for me and you'll get sick of the mountains pretty quickly. :sweat:

linse said:
I use the tedious combination of Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools, PTGUI and Photoshop. It is probably the only combination that has any chance of overcoming the visible stitching seams in the technically difficult "Arles - Inside the Amphitheatre".
Hi linse, thanks for sharing. Any rough description of the steps you took?

loboclerk said:
Hi linse, thanks for sharing. Any rough description of the steps you took?
I'm sure you probably know the first step since you've stitched so many panoramas. But just in case ... first of all, for complex scenes where distortion of building architecture is obvious eg "Arles - Inside the Amphitheatre", it is critical to shoot the scene around the optical axis/nodal point of the lens. Using a tripod may not be good enough especially in the portrait orientation. Have a look at the Panosaurus tripod head or do a Google search on optical axis/optic center/nodal point.

Next I use the freeware Panorama Tools and it's shareware graphical user interface (GUI) PTGUI to to manually set the control points. There are lots of tutorials on the web on Panorama Tools. PTAssembler is another popular GUI for Panorama Tools. I also set vertical control points which will automatically correct yaw, roll and level the horizon when Panorama Tools optimised the images. For the really difficult fit like the railings in "Arles - Inside the Amphitheatre", you can use the Morph-to-Fit function.

Once I am happy with the stitched image, it is exported to Photoshop as layers where I can blend away any other artefacts or malalignment. As I mentioned earlier, the steps are tedious but with practice, your stitched panoramas will be seamless.

loboclerk said:
Thanks! Which part of France will you be going to?

Let me answer this question for you :D... Paris.

I like "Marseille - Vieux Port" Sweee phun pee pee :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.