Sony RX100 Mark III

Finally got my mark III ! Personally for me, except for the electronic viewfinder (which was what I needed), the camera handles and operates exactly like the Mark 1. But putting them side by side, I did notice that the mark III is slight bigger and thicker. The Mark 1 feels more slim. Whereas the Mark1 slip in effortless into my lowepro pouch, the Mark III had to be gently pushed in. So IMHO, if you don't need the wifi, hotshoe and EVF, there is absolutely no necessity to upgrade at all. (A Mark I can be bought for around $350-$400 second hand which is a bargain for its performance )
I guess in order to include f/2.8 and the EVF, they had to add some space. Overall i can't see any difference in the photos but the ELF was great to use like my A6000/NEX6.

The Mk4 is due this month as well :) Wonder what they improved! Same lens? Better processor, same size, EVP AND hotshoe? I can dream...

The Mk4 is due this month as well :) Wonder what they improved! Same lens? Better processor, same size, EVP AND hotshoe? I can dream...

Damn! I suspected the Mark IV is on the horizon when they started discounting the Mark III and giving out free $99 charger battery pack!
Once the mark IV comes out, the price of the mark III will likely drop to the same price as a Mark II. Just guessing though. So far I have gotten what I wanted from the Mark III so can't think of any compelling reasons that will attract me to the Mark IV.

If I had to hazard a guess, hot shoe back with a port for audio input. Give up f/1.9 lens to provide a constant 2.8 throughout the entire range.
Probably would have to make the body larger which would have defeated the purpose though. ;p

BTW, I updated the firmware to 1.2 and looks like they still have not solved the retract EVF and camera shuts down issue. I have to do that half close thingy as recommended by some you tube video. Anyone knows if Sony actually working on a fix?

BTW, I updated the firmware to 1.2 and looks like they still have not solved the retract EVF and camera shuts down issue. I have to do that half close thingy as recommended by some you tube video. Anyone knows if Sony actually working on a fix?

I don't think it's an issue they will fix..it's a feature they implemented with it :) haha..i am looking forward to the mk4 but i'll only be interested if it has a hotshoe...otherwise...not even going to look at it..

The only major thing they have not tried is to release it in colour instead of black. The rest of soecs seems to be good already.

Touch screen would be most welcome

well, the only rumour is that it will not be the same 1" sensor. They will use a bigger sensor, possibly a micro 4/3 sensor which would be fantastic.
The downside is, that it is going to be bigger in size..Every new version, it gets slightly larger..very soon, it will be the same size as their Mirrorless cams :)

Personally, I think the sweet spot is 1" judging from the quality of the photos it can produce. any bigger and it will be no different from the A5000 or A6000.
They need to remain true to the meaning of "compact". Fujifilm and Panasonic seems to have forgotten that already with massive "compacts". The best feature of the RX100 is I can keep it in my jacket pocket when I am overseas and i do not even feel its there! :)

Just a quick question guys.

Does anyone know where i can get the RX100 MKII for a good price? I'm looking to get it as a gift.

Thank you!

One of the shops in funan selling mk2 $6xx cash n mk3 $9xx cash

Just got a mk3 recently. I noticed that the EVF slightly wobbles left and right when fully extended.
Is this normal? can anyone confirm? Should this be a worry?

Went to exchange mine for another set. Seems like it's a bad qc unit. New buyers please take note to check the evf pop up mechanism carefully.

Last edited:
Saw someone posted hwz that mk3 new selling 875

Hey guys. Just got this camera. Can't seem to find this info in the manual - if I set the focus ring to exposure compensation, how do I adjust the shutter speed in manual mode if the back wheel is set to aperture?

Hey guys. Just got this camera. Can't seem to find this info in the manual - if I set the focus ring to exposure compensation, how do I adjust the shutter speed in manual mode if the back wheel is set to aperture?

How much does an RX100 M3 now?

Just asked MS, they are selling around $965. Not sure if I should buy a new one or a second hand. Second hand still pricing around $850 :(