Sony RX100 IV announced!

maybe the shop is trying to pull a fast one. A lot of them dont get out freebies and keep it later so that they can resell them.

We're referring to Sony Center. So unlikely to be the case. This was part of the pre order deal. I think they had to remove it otherwise people who pre ordered will feel sore that they are not getting a better deal than those subsequent walk in customers after launch date.

Rrp Still 1399
Street price 12xx

MS Colour AMK Hub quoted me few days back $1,399...

Me: can I take a look of your RX100?
Salesperson: which one?
Me: IV one
Salesperson: (took it, put batt on it), then pass it to me.
Me: do test shot on it.
after a shot or two
SalesPerson: Do you know how much is it?
Me: No
SalesPerson: $1,399
Me: okay, took another shot then Go =)

was expecting street price from MSColour =)

Last edited:
I just got my wife who was at AMK just now to get quotes from MS.
price is $1250 with battery pack only.

I wonder how much TK, Alan and SLR is selling it for and if they have any freebies

MS Colour AMK Hub quoted me few days back $1,399... Me: can I take a look of your RX100? Salesperson: which one? Me: IV one Salesperson: (took it, put batt on it), then pass it to me. Me: do test shot on it. after a shot or two SalesPerson: Do you know how much is it? Me: No SalesPerson: $1,399 Me: okay, took another shot then Go =) was expecting street price from MSColour =)
u never ask "best price"? And wink/flash a grin?

Naturally they will try to sell you the retail price if you look clueless. Every extra dollar earned is a dollar earned. But mostly they can identify who are the old birds and quote accordingly :) But so early in the launch don't expect very good street prices. Sony also need to earn too to cover for their loss making divisions like mobile phones! Wait a few months and the prices should come down a little.

If you have gotten it during the pre-order period, you would have gotten the following from TK Foto for $12XX

The pre-order freebies: leather case and 64gb U3 (required for 4k and HFR movies)

Portable USB charger kit with battery. So you'll have 2 (one from the kit and one from the camera) on the get go.

Tempered screen protector and a leather hand strap.

I brought it to my trip to Germany a few days after it was launched in Singapore and found out it was still on pre-order here at a price of Eur 1149 (roughly S$1750) from Amazon.de. Not sure when it will be available here though.

I think we got one of the better deals for this camera.

Would have been great if someone had sic the tk pre order deal :D

If you have gotten it during the pre-order period, you would have gotten the following from TK Foto for $12XX

The pre-order freebies: leather case and 64gb U3 (required for 4k and HFR movies)

Portable USB charger kit with battery. So you'll have 2 (one from the kit and one from the camera) on the get go.

Tempered screen protector and a leather hand strap.

I brought it to my trip to Germany a few days after it was launched in Singapore and found out it was still on pre-order here at a price of Eur 1149 (roughly S$1750) from Amazon.de. Not sure when it will be available here though.

I think we got one of the better deals for this camera.

Yup. TK had a very long pre-order list for the RX100M4 coz they gave a great deal with the free batteries and (my fav) glass screen protector. We got a great deal.

I am having loads of fun with the slow-mo !

[video=youtube;KqsRTOwzl58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqsRTOwzl58[/video]

Any users of the RX100 IV took pics with your new toy? can showcase here? i am contemplating to get this as my travel and daily shooter.

Any users of the RX100 IV took pics with your new toy? can showcase here? i am contemplating to get this as my travel and daily shooter.

I posted one here already. For more you can look at the street thread i posted in the street section.

An example taken from this camera.

This isn't the usual shot I take. This is a 5 frame panorama taken on RX100 IV. As this was an unexpected sunrise (I only had the camera with me but did not intend to shoot!), I had not tripod, no clamp, no filters, so I had to handhold it at ISO200, f3.2 (equivalent to f8-9 due to 2.7x crop factor) and 1/640s.

So I got curious, since I don't have a GND filter and no clamp so it would be hard to bracket the shots, I thought why not try shooting underexposed and see how much shadow I can lift. I guess I can still lift enough shadows.

Would I consider doing serious landscape or cityscape work on this? Probably not. But if you see a sunrise too good to pass up yet you don't have your camera with you, this might be it. If I really want to shoot, I'll still bring the Sony A7R out with the proper stuff with me.

20101098128_3981d80d73_b.jpg

Checked with a shop in funan. Price is $1235 cash only. There are those standard freebies plus a sd card

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can i check with the new owners on the Slow Mo/ HFR feature of the camera?

Will you be able to playback of the slow mo from the camera itself or do you have to use an editing software to do a time remapping?

Many thanks!

Can i check with the new owners on the Slow Mo/ HFR feature of the camera?

Will you be able to playback of the slow mo from the camera itself or do you have to use an editing software to do a time remapping?

Many thanks!

i saw on youtube, you are able to play back on the camera