Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
complaints 5r touchacreen,complaints 5r and 6 control not good,complaints 6 very plastic etc
If they want a metal body, they can just pay more and buy the NEX 7. Even some DSLR's at this price range don't have metal bodies.
As long as it's sturdily built, it's fine.
I'm more interested in the stuff that's related to actual photo-taking. Hope the hybrid-AF is fast enough.

i dont thinl HK NEX6 price is expensive,now HLK per-order NEX6 kitlens set is hk$7990 = below s$1300
i think sg maybe will sell s$1399 kitlens set,if sell more cheap i mpre happy xD
Wow hope the price over here is less that $1400 too! I think I'll forgo the twin lens if it's the 55-210mm or the 16mm.
I'm holding out for the new 35mm f1.8 too. Hmm not too sure right now if it's better to spend more for that or stick to the Sigma 30mm f2.8.

If they want a metal body, they can just pay more and buy the NEX 7. Even some DSLR's at this price range don't have metal bodies.
As long as it's sturdily built, it's fine.
I'm more interested in the stuff that's related to actual photo-taking. Hope the hybrid-AF is fast enough.

i totaly agree what you say!want cheap want good!ask them open a company and sell they product cheap and good see can or not!not only NEX have this problem,every new camera also have this complaints problem!
the AF speed sure win XE-1,but slow then panasonic G5 or olympus OM-D

Wow hope the price over here is less that $1400 too! I think I'll forgo the twin lens if it's the 55-210mm or the 16mm.
I'm holding out for the new 35mm f1.8 too. Hmm not too sure right now if it's better to spend more for that or stick to the Sigma 30mm f2.8.

i hope body will sell $1199!and see the price for kitlens set and body only is different how much,if different $100 then get kitlens set better,if $200 different...i get the body only and buy sigma 19/2.8 :cool:

Last edited:
Tested the NEX 6, Apparently the build quality is quite good , almost of NEX7, feels really good on the average hand size, I may say it's better than NEX 7 but it's feel more light. No touch screen will be the negative point but even I'm using my 5N without the touch screen function , so no different to me . Upside is the hot shoe and pop-up flash which can sync up to 1/250. ISO is very much the same a 5n but better contrast due the new sensor. Overall I'm already sold of the NeX 6 design and is a sensible upgrade for 5n users.

Just to add, 10-18 will sold separately, rumored @RM 2299

Tested the NEX 6, Apparently the build quality is quite good , almost of NEX7, feels really good on the average hand size, I may say it's better than NEX 7 but it's feel more light. No touch screen will be the negative point but even I'm using my 5N without the touch screen function , so no different to me . Upside is the hot shoe and pop-up flash which can sync up to 1/250. ISO is very much the same a 5n but better contrast due the new sensor. Overall I'm already sold of the NeX 6 design and is a sensible upgrade for 5n users.

for me..i haven try NEX6 just see everything on net,i like NX6 is because have EVF(this is very important for me,somemore is the top EVF on market now),Mode dial,the size i think is good(NEX5 abit small for my fat hand :p),pop-up flash(dont say no use,incase someday you need but dont have...you will cry),PlayMemories Mobile(when go holidays memory card full the time is very helpfull,cuz can transfer to tablet or phone),App(i damm like this function)

all above i say is just for me,not everyone same thinking like me >.<

for me..i haven try NEX6 just see everything on net,i like NX6 is because have EVF(this is very important for me,somemore is the top EVF on market now),Mode dial,the size i think is good(NEX5 abit small for my fat hand :p),pop-up flash(dont say no use,incase someday you need but dont have...you will cry),PlayMemories Mobile(when go holidays memory card full the time is very helpfull,cuz can transfer to tablet or phone),App(i damm like this function)

all above i say is just for me,not everyone same thinking like me >.<
I second that! :D

Jetnge said:
PlayMemories Mobile(when go holidays memory card full the time is very helpfull,cuz can transfer to tablet or phone),App(i damm like this function)

Super useful and so much more convenient and faster than to plug in a fresh memory card. Especially with the huge amount of memory tablets ship with today you can store loads of TB of raw photos on them now. I rather buy a second tablet than a new SD card. ;-)

i totaly agree what you say!want cheap want good!ask them open a company and sell they product cheap and good see can or not!not only NEX have this problem,every new camera also have this complaints problem!
the AF speed sure win XE-1,but slow then panasonic G5 or olympus OM-D

i hope body will sell $1199!and see the price for kitlens set and body only is different how much,if different $100 then get kitlens set better,if $200 different...i get the body only and buy sigma 19/2.8 :cool:

if really $200 tell me i pay you $180 for that Kit Lens

if really $200 tell me i pay you $180 for that Kit Lens

check sonny NEX price history NEX-5N body and NEX-5 dual kit lens price differentis $150 only.HK NEX-6 body and kitlens set price is different around sg dollar $160.btw if sg NEX6 body and kitlens is $200 different...i easy can sell $250,so y i need to sell lowest price to you :dunno:

check sonny NEX price history NEX-5N body and NEX-5 dual kit lens price differentis $150 only.HK NEX-6 body and kitlens set price is different around sg dollar $160.btw if sg NEX6 body and kitlens is $200 different...i easy can sell $250,so y i need to sell lowest price to you :dunno:

Because once it reach your hand.. when you open it.. it become 2nd hand (LOLX)

Does it still ship with a battery charger?

Unlikely, since can charge using camera via USB.
Doesn't make sense for Sony to spend extra on charger.

KennyH78 said:

lol, then I have to buy a spare one.

Like that have to buy 3rd party battery with charger liao. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.