Sony DSC-S50

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinze

Jul 23, 2008
Dear all.

I am very new to this hobbie. so new that i yet to buy myself a cam even.
I was offered a Sony DSC-S50 as im looking for a prosumer cam. ( i believe its a digi cam with some manual function that will let me adjust the s/speed and lens rite?

please advise if this cam is what i need

many thanks in advance

A prosumer cam with Manual controls will be good for learning. But this cam is pretty old and it's only a 2MP cam. I would suggest you get a higher spec cam to get better quality picture. Try looking for a Sony H5, H7, H9, Konica Minolta A1, A2, A200, Fujifilm 9500, 9600, 6500 or Nikon 8400, 8700, 8800. These are very nice cameras which you can get from the Buy/Sell section here.

thanks.
So is sony dsc a prosumer ? im in fact looking for a prosumer in which i can learn to adjust the manual control.. however can't tell the diff between a consumer and a prosumer cam.. .. Quality not my main issue now.. its more of a learning cam which i intend to get first and as i need it be for my holiday in Oct. budget is a bit tight..

$250 ~ $350 Prosumer 2nd hand cam is what im expecting to get... any suggestion.

And iv been reading the forum the whole day.. great for a newbi like me.. but still a bit messy and confused with all the lingo and terms.. ( i have read the short forms and all the Please read here first for newbi post. )

Cheers anyway,

Many thanks..

however can i ask for 1 last help. if there is any Prosumer cam for sale u know off, let me know??
THANKS

To me, a prosumer cam is a consumer cam with the ability to let you adjust the controls manually but does not have the ability th change lens like a DSLR.

The budget you have may not be able to get you a prosumer with high specs. Do check out some used cams offered in the Classified corner.

PM me if you need help or advise. :)

With oyur budget, look for a second-hand Sony V1 or V3. Very powerful prosumer cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.