sony a700 or nikon d90?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help guys! My a700 is arriving this wednesday. i can't really wait to get a hand on it. Just contemplation on whether to get a 2nd hand CZ 16-80 or tamron 17-50. I think I need to read up more so I can compare.

Btw, how to upgrade the firmware to V4? is there a step by step instructional guide on how to do it?

Thanks for the help guys! My a700 is arriving this wednesday. i can't really wait to get a hand on it. Just contemplation on whether to get a 2nd hand CZ 16-80 or tamron 17-50. I think I need to read up more so I can compare.

Btw, how to upgrade the firmware to V4? is there a step by step instructional guide on how to do it?

Both are excellent lenses. It's up to you if you need more low-light ability (f/2.8) or greater range and slightly better sharpness (CZ)

The steps are posted in detail on the sony support site, where you can also download the firmware.

i will settle for tamron 17-50 and I think my budget will permit me for a 50mm f1.8(around $200) I have tried the lens last weekend and I feel it's better than canon 50mm prime lens which I owned and sold together w/ my 450d. The colors areonderful.it's not dull and most especially,most of the shots i made are spot on..sharp..

any opinion/advice on these 2lens? should I buy the prime lens or just save up for a UWA lens? any sony/3rd party UWA lens that you can recommend at arounf $300-$500 budget?

i will settle for tamron 17-50 and I think my budget will permit me for a 50mm f1.8(around $200) I have tried the lens last weekend and I feel it's better than canon 50mm prime lens which I owned and sold together w/ my 450d. The colors areonderful.it's not dull and most especially,most of the shots i made are spot on..sharp..

any opinion/advice on these 2lens? should I buy the prime lens or just save up for a UWA lens? any sony/3rd party UWA lens that you can recommend at arounf $300-$500 budget?

Probably a 2nd hand Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM for $500 and above.

I finally have it! i just bought the tamron 17-55! i am very happy w/ my combination.

Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

Congrats !! Time to start shooting and posting!:thumbsup:

circuitboy,

I just met a guy last evening who got his A700 yesterday. Seems to have gotten it for similar considerations as you. Believe both of you will be very satisfied with it. Any way, I came across a 3rd party grip for A700...but think it definitely can't match the original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-Grip-fo...ries?hash=item4836c82227&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
HUAT AH another Alpha 700 USer! I wanted to psycho you but rashkae and brothers did. hehe!

The Vertical grip is really good. Very nice to hold and MANY comfortable buttons within your reach...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.