Sony A7 II

Err... Can you explain what "wide" mode is? I don't have face detection on because I don't see a need for that. I also read somewhere on the Internet that face detection actually slows the AF down. Not sure how true that is.

why not give it a try on the face detection and also the Eye AF since u have the camera?

[video=youtube_share;rpyeaxmX46I]http://youtu.be/rpyeaxmX46I[/video]

Ah... I know the "wide" mode you were talking about now...

I'll prolly give face detection and eye detection a try...

Pre af is one of thing I really hate because under low lighting condition.. It will make the lens hunt even more... For example, after I took a shot and I happened to shift myself a bit to recompose... The lens will pre af and hunt non stop because of the lighting.

Somehow the face detection results in over exposure on both my a7 & a7s eventhough the metering is set to wide rather than center or spot.

How about a7ii?

Anyway to prevent this besides reducing the exposure manually before you shoot?

Thanks

I think what it does is to make sure the face is correctly exposed while ignoring the background. You can either use exposure compensation, AEL or ful manual mode. I just adjust in PP.

Can any kind soul here share whether "Lens compensation app" can write exif data into A7m2? I'm keen in getting the App if it can, save a lot of trouble remember what lens used etc. Thank you.

Hi A7 II owners, a couple of questions:

1. Does this camera still show those green blobs on light sources which is a problem with the original A7? Like this photo http://www.vahonen.com/2013/A7temp/20131226chruchFlareCrop.jpg
2. Is the lens mount still not a tight fit (there's a bit of looseness) when a lens is mounted? On the A7 with a lens mounted, I could still rotate the lens around its base against the mount by a couple of degrees or so.

Thanks!

Hi A7 II owners, a couple of questions:

1. Does this camera still show those green blobs on light sources which is a problem with the original A7? Like this photo http://www.vahonen.com/2013/A7temp/20131226chruchFlareCrop.jpg
2. Is the lens mount still not a tight fit (there's a bit of looseness) when a lens is mounted? On the A7 with a lens mounted, I could still rotate the lens around its base against the mount by a couple of degrees or so.

Thanks!

1. The weird green artifacts dont seem to be apparent, i dont see it in my photos on the a7ii. Take a look at the thread and u'll see someone already posted photo examples which show the flare issue has been greatly reduced.
2. lens mount has been replaced by a stainless steel mount on the a7ii, VERY tight fit.

I've got the 280rmb one from taobao.
All in all with shipping is less than $80

Quality wise is pretty good.
Definitely a plus for ppl with bigger palm as the grip is better now. The pinky can now rest better to supoort the camera

Magnetic door to access battery door is working good. No obstructions. LCD can freely tilt in n out.

Overall I'd say not bad.

Will post some pictures if anyone would like to see it.

I've got the 280rmb one from taobao.
All in all with shipping is less than $80

Quality wise is pretty good.
Definitely a plus for ppl with bigger palm as the grip is better now. The pinky can now rest better to supoort the camera

Magnetic door to access battery door is working good. No obstructions. LCD can freely tilt in n out.

Overall I'd say not bad.

Will post some pictures if anyone would like to see it.

do post some pic of ur setup.

Thanks!

do post some pic of ur setup.

Thanks!

This is the case... It increases the height of the camera which forme is a plus point as my pinky can now rest below the camera and support the grip.

$ForumRunner_20150122_213112.jpg the base. Which screws the case to the tripod mount and in turn the screw act as the tripod mount

$ForumRunner_20150122_213121.jpg

$ForumRunner_20150122_213129.jpg Notice the slight increase in height of camera

$ForumRunner_20150122_213227.jpg battery door access through this magnetic flap is nicely designed. No obstructions to inserting n removing battery.

Last edited:
Hi all~~ im interested in A7II.. can check with u guys hows the battery life?
and do you guys recommend getting it in Japan (cheaper?) is there any site like price.hk to have rough gauge of japan prices?
thx all~

and do you guys recommend getting it in Japan (cheaper?) is there any site like price.hk to have rough gauge of japan prices?
thx all~

I am not too sure if is cheaper in Japan last check in Japan airport transit area is much more expansive the SG 2 week ago.

thx all~

Battery life is so so. I manage around 300 shots with viewfinder set to Auto. I shoot mainly via the viewfinder. The sensor near the viewfinder will auto switch between LCD n EVF.

I got the multi charger which allows u to charge the battery with a power bank. I have in total 4 batteries. So for me... Battery life is not an issue (yet).