Sony A7 II

Took it out for some shots at Upper Seletar Reservoir -

1) Being my first full frame camera, I am impressed with the dynamic range.
2) The new grip is comfortable to hold, especially with big hand and long fingers.
3) Can't tell much for the IBIS as I shot most with a tripod today. Can't really make any meaning observations about IBIS with the few hand held shots.

Will try out more these coming days.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the A7II is sold out at the major camera shops?

Anyone know if the A7II is sold out at the major camera shops?

can try sony store at bugis. you can test the camera too, but you need to ask the salesperson as the camera is not put on display. the salesperson told me they will have 5 stock by next week. 1 has been booked.

Check out M S Color Facebook page. It is going to be released in their outlet this week.

can try sony store at bugis. you can test the camera too, but you need to ask the salesperson as the camera is not put on display. the salesperson told me they will have 5 stock by next week. 1 has been booked.

Thanks guys. I calculated if buy from Sony Stores, it would be about $200 more than buying in the authorised dealers such as Click! or MS Colour etc. Hope to test it out, haha then it would be my first 35mm sensor camera.

Welcome to Sony family ! :bsmilie:

Thanks guys. I calculated if buy from Sony Stores, it would be about $200 more than buying in the authorised dealers such as Click! or MS Colour etc. Hope to test it out, haha then it would be my first 35mm sensor camera.

i see. thanks for the information.

so as a comparison, which one was better or worse? if only the A7II exhibits this, it could be that the processor isn't fast enough to keep up with the image stabilization module's shifting

Ok, met up with Errz over lunch and did some testing with a 85mm lens.

The effect you see during focus magnification assist is something like the jello effect when you pan too fast when doing videos.

You see a shaky view finder (all movements become obvious when zoomed in MF assist mode) when using the original A7/R/S but it is just an unstabilised image with no jello effect.

With the A7II, it is shaky + jello effect... and more obvious with longer lenses.

not really a deal breaker tho...minor irritation that a user will probably not notice after a while. maybe the jello effect is ibis at work?

Last edited:
Thank you Errz and ricleo for testing this out. I don't think this will affect the image capture right?

no impact on capture.

the IBIS is nice! can't be used to freeze motion, but good for shots where you want slightly longer exposures without a tripod hehe...

the camera grip is also very nice. a little heavier, but probably can use this camera as is without a grip or case comfortably.

Cool unfortunately, no more body only stock. I don't quite like the kit lens...

Anyone keen in just getting the kit lens, can PM me to buy... hee hee

Tried at MS Colour, the grip is fantastic. But no testing at all, even turning on the camera. :/

Tried at MS Colour, the grip is fantastic. But no testing at all, even turning on the camera. :/

Why not head down to Sony Centre? You can insert ur card, test with various lenses and bring back the images to compare :)

Cool unfortunately, no more body only stock. I don't quite like the kit lens...

Anyone keen in just getting the kit lens, can PM me to buy... hee hee

how much is sony A7 mark II with kit lens? what lens do they give? i asked Sony Store, the salesperson told me only sell the body.

Just bought it, was told it was the last set (body only) (one more reserved), ouch big hole in wallet now.

Pocket burnt but happy yah? Congrats

I made a grave mistake but walking into a cam shop last Friday to have a look at it & walked out with an A7ii, 70-200mm & a A5100 (x'mas gift for in law). Burnt but happy :)

Ok, met up with Errz over lunch and did some testing with a 85mm lens.

The effect you see during focus magnification assist is something like the jello effect when you pan too fast when doing videos.

You see a shaky view finder (all movements become obvious when zoomed in MF assist mode) when using the original A7/R/S but it is just an unstabilised image with no jello effect.

With the A7II, it is shaky + jello effect... and more obvious with longer lenses.

not really a deal breaker tho...minor irritation that a user will probably not notice after a while. maybe the jello effect is ibis at work?

thanks for the test :bsmilie:

i tried it out this morning at Sony Store and i almost puked blood :bsmilie:

some images of the A7II beside the A7S. looks like it shares the same sensor coatings as the A7S. The older A7 had a different coating color.

the matte finishing on the new series of cameras really look nicer and feels better to the touch, and i'm sure will last longer than the glossy finish on the mk 1

sL1010786raw by ricleosg, on Flickr

sL1010787 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sL1010788 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sL1010789 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sL1010797 by ricleosg, on Flickr