Sony A6300, finally!

Still deciding if want to upgrade to A6300 over the A6000 - seems like the main difference is action shots and video which I'm not sure I need. Not sure if any difference on weather proofing?

On lens, I own most of the native lenses but my main lens now is the 16-70f4, supplemented by 10-18 and rarely the 18-200. I hardly bring out my 24/f1.8 nowadays despite it being a really good lens.

Last edited:
Still deciding if want to upgrade to A6300 over the A6000 - seems like the main difference is action shots and video which I'm not sure I need. Not sure if any difference on weather proofing?

On lens, I own most of the native lenses but my main lens now is the 16-70f4, supplemented by 10-18 and rarely the 18-200. I hardly bring out my 24/f1.8 nowadays despite it being a really good lens.

I suggest that you get the A6300 brochure and read the descriptions that are tagged New! and analyse how much they are if value to you and if course, try the camera at the Sony store.

One of the selling point this camera is that you can use a powerbank while the camera is in use provided you have a battery in the camera.
Great for time lapse, video. No need batt grip. Also can use the powerbank to charge phone esp if use apps with the camera.

I believe existing cameras would only hv the battery charged but cannot function if the powerbank is attached.

did you skip the 16-50?

I will plunge for the 10-18 later!! POSION! hahaha

did you skip the 16-50?

No. I have both 18-55 and 16-50.. and 16mm.
16-50 is primarily useful for outdoor activities or when you can't bring a full size bag, but I seldom use it as at end of the day the A6000 is not weather sealed. Still a good lens to have in some instances but I've been trying to use a RX100M3 in those instances instead, although the PQ is not as good - the difference being a RX100M3 can still fit in a jacket pocket, but a A6000/A6300 with 16-50 can't.. thinking of buying a GoPro to use in this situation instead, even though PQ is even worse. :p

Haven't done time lapse with A6000 for obvious reasons, so the A6300's ability to use with battery pack is interesting. Thanks.

Last edited:
No. I have both 18-55 and 16-50.. and 16mm.
16-50 is primarily useful for outdoor activities or when you can't bring a full size bag, but I seldom use it as at end of the day the A6000 is not weather sealed. Still a good lens to have in some instances but I've been trying to use a RX100M3 in those instances instead, although the PQ is not as good - the difference being a RX100M3 can still fit in a jacket pocket, but a A6000/A6300 with 16-50 can't.. thinking of buying a GoPro to use in this situation instead, even though PQ is even worse. :p

Haven't done time lapse with A6000 for obvious reasons, so the A6300's ability to use with battery pack is interesting. Thanks.

I think despite the claim of whatever resistance a camera has, it is still good to have a camera poncho in the bag. Point being the cameras may be sealed, but they are not proofed against the weather.
Though some is still better than nothing... I think! Nice to know both my a7ii and a7rm2 survived sudden heavy downpours in indonesia. The a6300 so far, have surived some splashes in singapore :p But I won't risk it if I can avoid it.

I am not sure if it works on the a6300, but it shouldn't have issues; the camera have electronic silent shutter, which means you saved thousands of shutter actuation in Timelapse with an external intervalometer.

I think despite the claim of whatever resistance a camera has, it is still good to have a camera poncho in the bag. Point being the cameras may be sealed, but they are not proofed against the weather.
Though some is still better than nothing... I think! Nice to know both my a7ii and a7rm2 survived sudden heavy downpours in indonesia. The a6300 so far, have surived some splashes in singapore[emoji14]But I won't risk it if I can avoid it.

I am not sure if it works on the a6300, but it shouldn't have issues; the camera have electronic silent shutter, which means you saved thousands of shutter actuation in Timelapse with an external intervalometer.
Great tip regarding time lapse! Never would have thought of that combination. 👍

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Hi

I just purchased the A6300 with 16-70 lens.. when I shoot raw and my CS6 cannot read.. I have updated my CS6 but still the same.. did I miss out something?

Thanks.

If im not wrong, current raw for cs6 is 9.11. Doesnt include a6300 yet

However, CC got updated to 9.5 which includes the support for a6300

Last edited:
Oh I see... I tot all Adobe products uses a generic raw support library...

You can download the Adobe DNG converter to convert the 6300 files. These can then be opened with CS6.

You can also download Capture One Express for Sony from Phase One website. Capture One works great with Sony files.

You can download the Adobe DNG converter to convert the 6300 files. These can then be opened with CS6.

You can also download Capture One Express for Sony from Phase One website. Capture One works great with Sony files.

Thanks... I shall try Capture One.. :)

h ttp://www.colbybrownphotography.com/25-tips-getting-the_most-out-of-the-sony-a6300/

A very good site on tips on this camera...

Just to share if it haven't already been shared

h ttp://www.colbybrownphotography.com/25-tips-getting-the_most-out-of-the-sony-a6300/

A very good site on tips on this camera...

Just to share if it haven't already been shared

Thanks for sharing. A detailed write up on going through some of the functions that will help users utilise the capabilities of the camera.

Which half case are you guys using for the a6300? Can the a6000 case be used?

Which half case are you guys using for the a6300? Can the a6000 case be used?
I don't think so. The 6300 is a few mm thicker, and the plug flap is longer as well.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

that lens is tack sharp. would like to see the continuous autofocus in a6300

Last edited: