Sony A6300, finally!

Hi, anyone experiencing overheating problem? There are some discussions in DPREVIEW on the overheating issue even while shooting still. I am putting on hold to buy the A6300 until the doubt is clear.
The issue seems that he'd left the live view on continuously, probably the heat from the camera constantly reading out from the sensor and the screen did it. Also, wasn't mentioned if he'd turned prefocus off or not. I think if it's on, the camera will constantly hunt for things to focus on, and additional processing means more heat generated.

I went for a walkabout at bugis with the 6300 and it was a warm and humid day. Was there for maybe 40 minutes shooting on and off. Live view was off, screen set to the dslr-like info and settings display. Evf was manually turned off. The camera didn't get hot at all, only warm at best.

Given that the switch is so easily reachable, we could just turn it on to take shots, and then turn it off after. Takes about 2 seconds. I expect that would sharply decrease the heat generation. Sleep mode helps too, when walking around.

Wonder if the guys who are running into overheating issues are treating the 6300 like a dslr, just leave it on and walk around..

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, anyone experiencing overheating problem? There are some discussions in DPREVIEW on the overheating issue even while shooting still. I am putting on hold to buy the A6300 until the doubt is clear.

Read dpreview forums with a pinch of salt. Majority of em are pixel peepers and keen to find problems. Chances are if you look hard enough you will find em.

Like another A6300 shooter here, shooting stills my camera never overheated and i was using a mix of the live view and Viewfinder. .....videos is another story. As it is spelt out in the manual, the limitations of the cameras recording capability.

I'll likely be getting the 10-18mm F4 and 55-210mm F4.5-F6.3

Are they good lens to have ?

Any comments?

They are both pretty decent though the 10-18 is a little pricey. The 10-18 is my personal travel favourite and really good for landscapes though I don't shoot that much scapes now.

I would just caution to spare some thought on what you would be shooting more of before buying too many lenses.

Read dpreview forums with a pinch of salt. Majority of em are pixel peepers and keen to find problems. Chances are if you look hard enough you will find em.

Like another A6300 shooter here, shooting stills my camera never overheated and i was using a mix of the live view and Viewfinder. .....videos is another story. As it is spelt out in the manual, the limitations of the cameras recording capability.
Yea that and some people just love to bash Sony for some reason.

Just called up tk and was quoted $1045 for 1018mm

For this I wanna Wide angle. Yah but it's kinda pricy.....ouch.

For 55210mm they quoted $270.

I like some zoom for this one.

Actually I've not been shooting for a Long time... Just sold my 7D and some lens and plunged into this baby. I really love its size and capabilities. Now looking for some add on lens

I'll likely be getting the 10-18mm F4 and 55-210mm F4.5-F6.3

Are they good lens to have ?

Any comments?
Why not.. They are useful. But the bigger question is.
Are you good enough.

Lol that's why need good camera, cos my skill not enough [emoji23]

Camera is just a tool. The main factor there is the one behind the cam.

Camera is just a tool. The main factor there is the one behind the cam.
Yep lol, the 6" - 12" behind the camera is most important, depending on how big your head is.

Last edited:
Just called up tk and was quoted $1045 for 1018mm

For this I wanna Wide angle. Yah but it's kinda pricy.....ouch.

For 55210mm they quoted $270.

I like some zoom for this one.

Actually I've not been shooting for a Long time... Just sold my 7D and some lens and plunged into this baby. I really love its size and capabilities. Now looking for some add on lens

These are first world problem we all face.

You can opt for the 20mm with wide convertor. This will gives you a 16mm conversion as an alternative. Make sure the converter is version 2.

The 12mm zeiss touit has a nicer tonal depth in prints. If you are willing to invest, and you need wide, i do not think you will regret it.

The 55-210mm is actually decent for the price tbh. You will need to stop down for better contrast, and avoid the long end unless you really need to pull. Just like any brand 55-200mm, they will do.

These are first world problem we all face.

You can opt for the 20mm with wide convertor. This will gives you a 16mm conversion as an alternative. Make sure the converter is version 2.

The 12mm zeiss touit has a nicer tonal depth in prints. If you are willing to invest, and you need wide, i do not think you will regret it.

The 55-210mm is actually decent for the price tbh. You will need to stop down for better contrast, and avoid the long end unless you really need to pull. Just like any brand 55-200mm, they will do.

Thanks bro... Very good info from you :) so 10-18 is a good buy?

I'll get the 55220... Since the price is great! Sony stores selling $599! Ouch!

Thanks bro... Very good info from you :) so 10-18 is a good buy?

I'll get the 55220... Since the price is great! Sony stores selling $599! Ouch!

Like others who have mentioned. It is a good lens, more specifically if you use mostly 10-15mm and less of 18mm.
The lens do have stabilization also, meaning you can often take slower shutter pictures handheld. Its kinda handy if you shoot landscape, but since you have experience in photography, I think you already know it's going to be a useful lens for you.

Like others who have mentioned. It is a good lens, more specifically if you use mostly 10-15mm and less of 18mm.
The lens do have stabilization also, meaning you can often take slower shutter pictures handheld. Its kinda handy if you shoot landscape, but since you have experience in photography, I think you already know it's going to be a useful lens for you.

hahaha its the wallet thats unhappy!