Sony A55 .. Dpreview Gold award!!!!

maxwell207

Mar 30, 2009
Full Review here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyslta55/

Sonycams1.jpg

goldaward.png

Does it use the same type of lens as Nex or the usual lens for the alpha ?

cheers, sony.Rumours has finally become reality.:)

@US$749.00 - a very promising cam :thumbsup:;p

@Supersimon27 - it is using the usual Alpha A-mount lens.

Last edited:
Wow, this is worth the wait!!! :thumbsup:

These cameras are godly; a milestone achievement for DSLR cameras. Kudos to Sony. I can foresee many jumping into the sony camp very very soon.:)

Now, we know is called SLT, cool!

There is a whole new class of camera! :D

I remembered when I met a Nikoner (converted from Minolta) 2 yrs ago.
He told me to Sony is never gonna produce a full frame, but they did!

Then he told me again, Sony's never gonna produce a Video DSLR, cause that would cannibalize the video cam sales.

And he was right this time!

Its a video SLT, not DSLR anymore, hoho! :bsmilie:

its ground breaking news and astonishing achievement in Dslr world.. Thanks to Sony

In the review, author keeps comparing with 1DM4 and D3S for 10fps but this cam only costs around 1k sgd. :)

its ground breaking news and astonishing achievement in Dslr world.. Thanks to Sony

In the review, author keeps comparing with 1DM4 and D3S for 10fps but this cam only costs around 1k sgd. :)
but still AF speed is not up to par? frm what they say?

A milestone for all sony fans(boy)
considering depreview had all along give scathing reviews on alpha range dslrs

Hi, alama, plastic body though high tech. Specs is in between mid to high end cameras. Plastic body is
to avoid high cost, though the infrastructure maybe solid to avoid vibration. Gold, but no award point is given.
Nevertheless, I am inclined towards buying it when it is made available in Oct.

Last edited:
I remember when I had the A100, it was competing with canon's 400D and the noise performance was inferior to Canon. Now after a few years I see that the noise performance has improved to a point where it is on par with the Canon if not better, not to mention better dynamic range and built in SSS. Well done Sony. Now we need a bigger range of lenses. :)

Wonder why they still come out with A560 and A580