Sony A55 & A33 DSLR Camera Not Suited For Tropical Climates

So far I'm only comparing the A 55 with GF-1 ,In order to be convinced to even purchase a A 55 one should be able to see the differences on the application itself. A GF-1 could oso do studio shoot as well as videoing, they doesn't have the says problems on over heating on shooting of pictures,off course that are different as the 3 frame per second is not comparable with A 55 10 frame per second ,but on the others hands there is an issue of black screen after continuous of shooting for 9-11 minutes .It is a true facts. They also announce that Sony will try to do even better than the others maker. Let us open our heart to acknowledge the true facts and seek for better improvement from Sony.:D

So far I'm only comparing the A 55 with GF-1 ,In order to be convinced to even purchase a A 55 one should be able to see the differences on the application itself. A GF-1 could oso do studio shoot as well as videoing, they doesn't have the says problems on over heating on shooting of pictures,off course that are different as the 3 frame per second is not comparable with A 55 10 frame per second ,but on the others hands there is an issue of black screen after continuous of shooting for 9-11 minutes .It is a true facts. They also announce that Sony will try to do even better than the others maker. Let us open our heart to acknowledge the true facts and seek for better improvement from Sony.:D

I am not trying to defend A33/55 but I think these two cam I would say its version 1 and expect problems. The studio thing yeah its an issue but in think that's fixable..... I'm sure the next models will be much better. That's the thing I was saying before you buy or invest on something make sure you done your research.

I left oly because they not releasing their aging mid range DSLR (E620) I would suggest you go check the feature and compare it to Sony DSLR/DSLT then you'll say alpha folks are luckier... the funny part very few oly folks do complains :)

Last edited:

Then what are you waiting for ? Go and get your GF-1 and starts shooting and enjoy photography :thumbsup: and enjoy the journey.

No need to convince you to buy any brand. Just buy something which after your research of the features, and identifying of your needs, you are able to find a match.

I had ditched my 5D+ L lenses after I got my A55+ CZ and I am much much happier now. I am sure there are people who ditched sony+CZ after getting Hasselblad / Leica and felt happier too.

Then what are you waiting for ? Go and get your GF-1 and starts shooting and enjoy photography :thumbsup: and enjoy the journey.

No need to convince you to buy any brand. Just buy something which after your research of the features, and identifying of your needs, you are able to find a match.

I had ditched my 5D+ L lenses after I got my A55+ CZ and I am much much happier now. I am sure there are people who ditched sony+CZ after getting Hasselblad / Leica and felt happier too.

LOL,I'm not waiting at all,already a owner of GF-1,it is only thinking of the spec that have stop me from changing to A -55 presently,will join camp when the problems is ratified.:D

LOL,I'm not waiting at all,already a owner of GF-1,it is only thinking of the spec that have stop me from changing to A -55 presently,will join camp when the problems is ratified.:D

I would suggest you wait until DSLT or AXX series matures it's very young and I'm sure A33/A55 users will have more issue to come :) Since you have GF1 it's a very good m4/3 cam specially if you have 20mm f1.7 and other leica m4/3 lens. I have tried GF1 and I think its fast enough for most cases you just need a good EVF when shooting at bright day light

Thats great, Just enjoy the journey then...

Thats great, Just enjoy the journey then...

but seriously if you ask me (just me hope no one flame me) the best combo for m4/3 will be Olympus m4/3 body and Panasonic m4/3 lens :thumbsup::thumbsup: Oly renders very good color and Panasonic lens (made by leica) are sharp, ahhh perfect combo

but seriously if you ask me (just me hope no one flame me) the best combo for m4/3 will be Olympus m4/3 body and Panasonic m4/3 lens :thumbsup::thumbsup: Oly renders very good color and Panasonic lens (made by leica) are sharp, ahhh perfect combo

Haven really seen the output from the mentioned setup. Anyone with images taken by this rig ? My mindset is open.. but not really into 4/3 system, else will be nice to try

Haven really seen the output from the mentioned setup. Anyone with images taken by this rig ? My mindset is open.. but not really into 4/3 system, else will be nice to try

try visitng the 4/3 forum there's a photo thread in the sticky go check out Pana and oly m4/3 some have the Oly body and Pana lens... Also i think there was someone who tested the 20mm f1.7 panasonic lens on EP1 or EP2 you can see color rendering difference :)

Ahhh ! ...that figures ! :sticktong

The overheating issue somehow is like iPhone 4's antenna issue, blown out of proportion.

Its made worst by the fact that American are rather biased against Sony. According to DPR forum, many big retailers are not carrying Sony, even if they do, they usually carry limited range & not very interested in selling. Only after NEX & SLT is released that many retailers started to approach Sony.

Just look at Amazon, they usually have a long page full of list of features for each camera bodies. But for Sony, only a few lines of description? Even the lackluster 60D gets a full page of "features", but A55 which supposed to have tons of features at that price, only gets 2 line of description? Granted,
Amazon doesnt carry Sony products themselves, these are usually carried by 3rd party merchant, but still...
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-Dig...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1286763674&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SLTA55VL...KBTK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1286763484&sr=8-2

Anyway, people are expecting too much from this great little camera. Its a nice camera perfect for travelling, family & capable for serious photogs (well, maybe not studio)

Last edited:
The overheating issue somehow is like iPhone 4's antenna issue, blown out of proportion.

Its made worst by the fact that American are rather biased against Sony. According to DPR forum, many big retailers are not carrying Sony, even if they do, they usually carry limited range & not very interested in selling. Only after NEX & SLT is released that many retailers started to approach Sony.

Just look at Amazon, they usually have a long page full of list of features for each camera bodies. But for Sony, only a few lines of description? Even the lackluster 60D gets a full page of "features", but A55 which supposed to have tons of features at that price, only gets 2 line of description? Granted,
Amazon doesnt carry Sony products themselves, these are usually carried by 3rd party merchant, but still...
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-60D-Dig...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1286763674&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SLTA55VL...KBTK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1286763484&sr=8-2

Anyway, people are expecting too much from this great little camera. Its a nice camera perfect for travelling, family & capable for serious photogs (well, maybe not studio)

Yeah agree with you bro A33/A55 are entry level DSLR/DSLT comparing the menu/button and how much tweaking you can do with 33/A55 it's like a pro-consumer camera rather than full pledge DSLR (compare functions and menus with A550 or A700) So I dnt know why ppl expect this little cam to be like those bigger siblings... And DSLT is still in infant stage wait till it matures ;)

Yeah agree with you bro A33/A55 are entry level DSLR/DSLT comparing the menu/button and how much tweaking you can do with 33/A55 it's like a pro-consumer camera rather than full pledge DSLR (compare functions and menus with A550 or A700) So I dnt know why ppl expect this little cam to be like those bigger siblings... And DSLT is still in infant stage wait till it matures ;)

Bro, I don't quite agree with you on the above...

My A55 is ALOT more advance compared to my A500, features wise A55 wins, High speed performance A55 wins, menu wise A55 wins, low light performance A55 wins...
I don't see how the A500 is more tweakable compared to the A55.

Although a first time DSLR user will have no problems adapting to the A33/A55 due to the ease of use, the feature sets are really more semi-pro than entry level:

* Pple are comparing it's video capabilities with the top of the line Professional DSLR.
* Pple are comparing it's high speed 10fps with top of the line professional DSLR.
* Pple are comparing it's hi ISO noise IQ with top of the line semi-pro APS-C DSLR.
* I am comparing it's low light AF capability with ??? ...theres none currently on the market !

How is this an 'entry-level' DSLR/DSLT ?
...if 'professional' means having a dedicated button for every single function, I'll hate how a professional camera will look covered with button/dials/levers everwhere.
...one of the beauty of the A700 is the customisable button feature which has endeared it to many users, and Sony's Nex users will soon have this customisable feature.

I think the A33/A55 is more closer to 'semi-pro' than 'entry-level', for sure Sony's roadmap is for these early SLT users to upgrade to the A77 and then ultimately to the A850/A900 FF replacement. :bsmilie:

Peace ! ...not flaming you or anything liddat, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I'm just expressing mine. ;)

Bro, I don't quite agree with you on the above...

My A55 is ALOT more advance compared to my A500, features wise A55 wins, High speed performance A55 wins, menu wise A55 wins, low light performance A55 wins...
I don't see how the A500 is more tweakable compared to the A55.

Although a first time DSLR user will have no problems adapting to the A33/A55 due to the ease of use, the feature sets are really more semi-pro than entry level:

* Pple are comparing it's video capabilities with the top of the line Professional DSLR.
* Pple are comparing it's high speed 10fps with top of the line professional DSLR.
* Pple are comparing it's hi ISO noise IQ with top of the line semi-pro APS-C DSLR.
* I am comparing it's low light AF capability with ??? ...theres none currently on the market !

How is this an 'entry-level' DSLR/DSLT ?
...if 'professional' means having a dedicated button for every single function, I'll hate how a professional camera will look covered with button/dials/levers everwhere.
...one of the beauty of the A700 is the customisable button feature which has endeared it to many users, and Sony's Nex users will soon have this customisable feature.

I think the A33/A55 is more closer to 'semi-pro' than 'entry-level', for sure Sony's roadmap is for these early SLT users to upgrade to the A77 and then ultimately to the A850/A900 FF replacement. :bsmilie:

Peace ! ...not flaming you or anything liddat, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I'm just expressing mine. ;)

hehehe yeah bro I have tried A500 and A550 very short time I guess I cant really comment much :p but I think you're right I like my A33 so far although like I said less tweaking from your part but I think the camera it self is good enough to be tweak and customize more. Even until now I still have my E620 (although up for sale now) I am using A33 more and y E620 has been sitting in the dry cab since I've gotten my A33 including outing with family. Even my kids likes to use A33 coz it's easy and fast

Other than battery life, I can't really think of anything that A500/550 is better than A33/55.

Other than battery life, I can't really think of anything that A500/550 is better than A33/55.

This is a small issue, 3rd party battery cost around S$15 online....