Sony A33

I heard that one... lol... Victor asked a kid on radio what's the opposite of a ****. He expected the answer "hen". At first the kid was very shy - he said cannot say the word - but Victor coaxed him. Finally the kid answered in Hokkien - CB (go figure).

The radio was cut off with pipe music until they sort things out.

HAhaa..

kekekekeke ! :bsmilie: ...didn't expected another Bro who heard that broadcast to be here in CS as well !

It was a real classic blooper ! ...I can only imagine the panic in the control room ! :sweatsm:

...man ! ...that was quite a long time ago !

kekekekeke ! :bsmilie: ...didn't expected another Bro who heard that broadcast to be here in CS as well !

It was a real classic blooper ! ...I can only imagine the panic in the control room ! :sweatsm:

...man ! ...that was quite a long time ago !

Yes.. surprised to find another person (you) who heard this. I've told this story many times but nobody seemed to have heard it before or believe the story.. hehe..

Wonder if the boy won the prize for correct answer? keke:)

have you tried manual focusing with magnification? BecauseI have seen slt units with missed focus problem.

if its so not sharp, probably it is out of focus.

I was a former Canon 500D user, but switched to A33 in Oct & used it on my vacation for one week. The main lens I used is 18-250mm. I personally like sharp photos, so I pushed sharpness setting in A33 to max, ie #3. In Canon 500D, I pushed to max sharpness #7. My assessment so far is that Canon 500D with kit lens is sharper than A33 with 18-250mm lens. I changed 18-250mm lens to 50mm prime, & the results are the same, ie, photos of A33 are not as sharp as 500D. The A33 pictures in DPReview are definitely sharp, so I'm wondering if my 'problem' is due to lens or the body itself. I'm thinking of purchasing a CZ 16-80mm lens to test for sharpness.

Has anyone had a similar experience like mine, ie comparing sharpness of Canon/Nikon with A33/A55? Thanks.

PS: Can some one teach me how to insert photos in post? I tried the instructions in CS but didn't work. When I clicked on "Insert", dialog window asks for URL. My photos are in harddrive, so what is the URL?

MC2 offered me A33 + kit lens + SAL50 F1.8 lens + tripod + camera bag + 8GB card.. nt bad eh?

MC2 offered me A33 + kit lens + SAL50 F1.8 lens + tripod + camera bag + 8GB card.. nt bad eh?

They offered it to you for free? If you don't post the price, how to say if it's not bad?

oh.. forgot to post the price.. haha.. $1099..

where is mc2?

suntec tower 5.. 1 of the authorised dealers for sony..

Using the AVCHD video recording, how to get it playback from the computer?

thanks

thanks

Download VLC player. Its a free player that can support almost all formats.

thanks

Actually the Cd that came with your camera contains Sony PMB which will playback the AVCHD movies just fine ! ...no need to download anything.

Ok guys thanks for the infro on the video thingy.

Question on len, thinking of getting 18200 instead of 18250 model. May I know whats the diff apart from the 50mm range between these two lens? The 50mm it is really hv a huge impact? Being a newbie I think I can survive without it but seems like 18250 is the prefer len. If not much diff then I will go for the former & save some dough too. Please advise!!

Thanks

1. There is no "len". It's "lens" for singular, "lenses" plural.
2. the 18-200 is regarded as a relatively poor lens, the 18-250 is much better optically.

1. There is no "len". It's "lens" for singular, "lenses" plural.

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

seems like a lot of people are confused about the word. i've seen so many len in the forum.

Lens is like dress and glass. They end with "s" in their singular form, and end with "es" in their plural form, i.e. lenses, dresses and glasses :)

Does anyone experience AF inaccuracy with the A33 using Minolta lenses? I am finding that my A33 tend to misfocus on some Minolta lenses, including the beercan! I am using center spot focusing and a high contrast target with vertical and horizontal edges within the focusing box. I do not think it is a lens front/back focus issue because I can get a sharp image using manual focus and the focusing ring still has some room to play around. Also, face detection AF almost never give a satisfyingly sharp image for me. I wonder is my camera's AF a bit buggy?

Does anyone experience AF inaccuracy with the A33 using Minolta lenses? I am finding that my A33 tend to misfocus on some Minolta lenses, including the beercan!

Do you mean the focus is okay with Sony or other lens ? ...if that is the case, most likely your misfocusing lens has back/front focusing issues.

If you are having the AF issues with all your lens then confirm your A33 needs to be sent back to Sony for sensor alignment.

Hope that helped, bro ! :)