Sony A33 at Sitex

May I know what's the price for cz 16-80 and 70-300G?

is a55 image quality better than a33?

i compare their images from imagin resources and visually a55 pictures looks better.

A55V uses a totally new sensor different from the A33. yup. the image quality is better. but to me, the A900 images look better >.< but that's just me

ok just came back from sitex show.
here is the break down of a55 promo.

drumrolls.... :cool:

$1349.
for
1) a55
2) 18-55
3) tripod
4) bag
5) course
6) 16gb
7) screen protector
8) photo frame

if u ask me, a33 promo is much much better.

oft.. charge to which credit card is better? any freebies?

ok just came back from sitex show.
here is the break down of a55 promo.

drumrolls.... :cool:

$1349.
for
1) a55
2) 18-55
3) tripod
4) bag
5) course
6) 16gb
7) screen protector
8) photo frame

if u ask me, a33 promo is much much better.

promo for the A33 is better LOL but if it was me, i would take the A55 any day regardless of promotion, over the A33

well i did ask for more but the salesperson there said its standard package for the fair already.
as i am not buying but only helping one of our cs bros to ask i didnt really bargain for more.
so if u r really interested go try haggering with them :sweat:
i have no idea what card to use as well better to check with the ppl there.

OOT (out of topic)
in fact i was kinda busy there, but i spotted a big area filled with tripods.
anyone saw that? any good recommendations there?

:edit:
i believe i saw vantage tripod there.
also, this thread is abt a33 which is quite alright purchase i think, as compare to regular shops that did not match the promo.
even msc who match is only ~$100 diff with less items.
and for the a55 promo is not really worthwhile i think, rather get from regular shop ~$120 diff i think
and lastly the a33 n a55 promo diff is $250 which i think is not right. shrugs~

Last edited:
well i did ask for more but the salesperson there said its standard package for the fair already.
as i am not buying but only helping one of our cs bros to ask i didnt really bargain for more.
so if u r really interested go try haggering with them :sweat:
i have no idea what card to use as well better to check with the ppl there.

OOT (out of topic)
in fact i was kinda busy there, but i spotted a big area filled with tripods.
anyone saw that? any good recommendations there?

LOL i always haggle with them. just that... no money! ahaha. so can't buy the A55. more interested in the A7xx haha or the new FF

LOL i always haggle with them. just that... no money! ahaha. so can't buy the A55. more interested in the A7xx haha or the new FF

super mismatch :bsmilie: everyone is anticipating the model with no.7 =P i guess those new a33/55 users will also kena BBB when it release

Sory just curious... Y r people getting A33 when A55 is out n most proberly A77 next yr bros.... Is a33 betta than both....

Sory just curious... Y r people getting A33 when A55 is out n most proberly A77 next yr bros.... Is a33 betta than both....

personally, now i'm more swayed to the a33 because of the cheaper price and better bundle provided by sitex/mscolor, which includes the 50mm lens as well. also must consider whether u will need the extra 3fps and GPS tagging provided by the a55.

=)

personally, now i'm more swayed to the a33 because of the cheaper price and better bundle provided by sitex/mscolor, which includes the 50mm lens as well. also must consider whether u will need the extra 3fps and GPS tagging provided by the a55.

=)

The sensor and battery life are also better on a55 too. But buy what you need and you will save $$$.

Anyway can anyone advice me whether I should sell off my kit Len 18-55 as I have bought 18-250? 18-55 is lighter that all?

Last edited:
The sensor and battery life are also better on a55 too. But buy what you need and you will save $$$.

Anyway can anyone advice me whether I should sell off my kit Len 18-55 as I have bought 18-250? 18-55 is lighter that all?

http://www.dyxum.com/gear/camera/index.asp

a33/a55 should be using the same generation exmor HD sensor. a33 sensor is different from a550.

so beside MP different, should be the same.

Woah! Additonal 18250 at $500!

Anyone getting the cam from Bugis and doesn't need the additional lens please let me know.. ;p

TIA

Hee yup I think I got a pretty good deal. Anyway anyone want to buy my unused 18-55 kit len?

Hee yup I think I got a pretty good deal. Anyway anyone want to buy my unused 18-55 kit len?

Indeed it was a good deal!

Btw why don't you keep the kit lens for video taking? Heard that the SAM is less noisy when taking videos with the SLTs.

Anyone dun want the 50 F1.8? I'm interested to buy it at low price.

Congrad on ur 400 off 18250 deal!

Can u pls hint if any other lens on promo?

I also heard Sam lens better for video taking; u can try ur 18250 vs 5018.

well...
i dun see that much diff in pic quality between a33 n a55 its mostly the lens and skills that matters more.
secondly for slightly more battery, gps, 3fps more for most ppl who would not even touch,
the difference of $250 is quite hard to swallow if u ask me.
bottom line is, if your looking for a entry level dslr at sitex, a33 promo is the best imo.

just to answer the question on a77/a7xx, regardless of how good it is, it is not happening that soon (so have to be prepared for delays, bugs and whatsnot) and i am quite sure C and N are not sitting ducks either esp when d7000 is quite the legend currently already. :bsmilie:
but as of now, as an entry level dslr, slt are considered the best buy for me.
whereas a77/a7xx is a whole different category whose price tag starts with $2xxx.

as for 18250 lens it IS noisy, if u are recording movie with it there will definately be motor sound captured.
even when i am using my 35mm SAM there are slight noise captured as well. (maybe i am just too sensitive maybe?)
had not tried 1855 SAM lens but i believe it should be the same?
so if u are looking to really eliminate the motor noise u have to go for SSM/HSM i believe.
but for the price i would rather get an external mic. :sweatsm:

Sitex show confirm got alot ppl selling their new sony 50mm 1.8 as it one of the bundle freebie.

Although RRP is $219, street price is only $180 & PWP is $119 only

Sony users who need can get from them as good price liao but wonder how many lens will be available in BnS as it a good prime len unless u get a better one

bro jayjojo,
i doubt there would be that many.
50mm F1.8 is a prime lens, and like what u said it has good performance given its price.
and unless the buyer has another prime lens (which any other is also more expensive than the 50mm, which they have to cough up around ~$300 more including the sale of the 50mm)
or the buyer goes without the prime lens (which makes no sense as prime lens is quite impt portrait and low light lens imo)

furthermore, for those buying at sitex wise i believe are mostly first time buyers.
so it will take them awhile to find out what they wanted either way.