Sony A33 at Sitex

lets compare then
sitex show:
$1099 - a33 + 18-55 + 50mm + 16gb + bag + course + tripod + screen protector

regular shop:
$999 - a33 + 18-55 + 50mm + 8gb + bag + course

so basically $100 difference for extra 8gb, tripod and screen protector :eek:
well individual decision i guess.. but most imptly is whether the regular shops has the stock and honour the deal :p

i think the 1099 deal is quite a good start for a newbie like myself? cause got pretty much everything i need. hmmmmm.

this is REALLY TEMPTING. haha. i MIGHT just get it tonight. i wonder if i will get a better deal on the last day though.

based on previous show, answer is no. :cool:

i think the 1099 deal is quite a good start for a newbie like myself? cause got pretty much everything i need. hmmmmm.

Yup almost, optional UV filter / Dry Cabinet / cable release / remote shutter / lenses =P

Last edited:

Bro.. save that $100 and add another $60-70 and get a good tripod..
the free tripod just cant make it for serious photography.. else can get cheaper tripod at the mass sales such as this.

Well it all depends on individual as i have said.

sandisk hg-duo(30mb/s) 16gb going at $79 at sitex bizgram.
8gb is $42 i think
tripod wise mostly would end up buy another one i believe, but it still depends if u would even use it at all :sweat:
screen protector is probably ~$10 if u DIY, in shop its probably $15~$20.

there u could probably bargain for some more freebies like cleaning kit n stuff i think if u do not have one, compare to shop which probably would not give any, esp after giving such a discount. so overall it might be even cheaper sometimes, i once saw someone bargain for a dry cabinet instead of the dry box :eek:

but shopping at sitex requires going to expo, queuing, squezzing/pushing with others, shouting to get yourself heard sometimes, rude salesperson and being rushed to purchase.

as compare to regular shop where u can take ur own sweet time to try and test with salesperson who would service u and building rapport with the shop to be your regular shop.

yes, sometimes the regular shop does not give u better prices but its the overall service and experience that provide u, that is invaluable compared to some those part-timers at the sitex show.

my 2c, at the end have your own take on price vs service.

Well it all depends on individual as i have said.

sandisk hg-duo(30mb/s) 16gb going at $79 at sitex bizgram.
8gb is $42 i think
tripod wise mostly would end up buy another one i believe, but it still depends if u would even use it at all :sweat:
screen protector is probably ~$10 if u DIY, in shop its probably $15~$20.

there u could probably bargain for some more freebies like cleaning kit n stuff i think if u do not have one, compare to shop which probably would not give any, esp after giving such a discount. so overall it might be even cheaper sometimes, i once saw someone bargain for a dry cabinet instead of the dry box :eek:

but shopping at sitex requires going to expo, queuing, squezzing/pushing with others, shouting to get yourself heard sometimes, rude salesperson and being rushed to purchase.

as compare to regular shop where u can take ur own sweet time to try and test with salesperson who would service u and building rapport with the shop to be your regular shop.

yes, sometimes the regular shop does not give u better prices but its the overall service and experience that provide u, that is invaluable compared to some those part-timers at the sitex show.

my 2c, at the end have your own take on price vs service.

Not to mention, from the rapport of the regular shop, you can have priority over the pre-order queue for any new products...of course you must really BBB in order to get those first class type of customer service...;p

hehe, i reserved one a33 with MSC. Will go over later.

just to update.
for a33 I called slrr 969 and paris silk(hv) 902 b4 gst, and they dun offer the sitex promo. only the 8g and case.
msc a33 $999 incl 50f18, 8g, case
a55 incl 8g, case and photoframe (forgot to ask the price)

Last edited:
based on previous show, answer is no. :cool:

Yup almost, optional UV filter / Dry Cabinet / cable release / remote shutter / lenses =P

wa bro i haven't buy u wanna poison me already ah. hahaha.

Bro.. save that $100 and add another $60-70 and get a good tripod..
the free tripod just cant make it for serious photography.. else can get cheaper tripod at the mass sales such as this.

thanks for the advice. but prefer to get everything at one shot la. don't think i will use the tripod much anyway. haha. it's more of a "nice to have" for me. :bsmilie:

so where are u getting ur a55?

wa bro i haven't buy u wanna poison me already ah. hahaha.

thanks for the advice. but prefer to get everything at one shot la. don't think i will use the tripod much anyway. haha. it's more of a "nice to have" for me. :bsmilie:

so where are u getting ur a55?

hopefully by this weekend.. see how is the promotion for A55..
sent email to msc and slrr.. they never pickup my call.. too busy i guess..

if anyone knows the price and gift.. pls share here.. thanks

bro sagiluck is saying the truth, i purchase a dry cabi, filters, etc as well all together.
as for the rest i am also looking at those items now :bsmilie:
still got 1 landscape lens, tripod, cable release/remote shutter (depends whether still got budget), flash/remote flash and probably nd/gnd filter.
currently still researching on what is suitable for me for those items, i still a long way to go lol.

from what bro forsei had said only msc at amk has the offer, its a nice shop with nice ppl there. well at least not those anti-sony ppl :sweatsm:

nobody tried cathay photo??

bought the a33 from MSC AMK Hub. $999 with the stuffs mentioned. But 50mmF1.8 no ready stock must wait. sian.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

is a55 image quality better than a33?

i compare their images from imagin resources and visually a55 pictures looks better.

Just bought my A33 from Sony Style Bugis. The manager was able to match the sitex promo but no tripod and screen protector that all. It is still a good deal as I get 1 more year of warranty and able to puchase my second len at discounted price

Just bought my A33 from Sony Style Bugis. The manager was able to match the sitex promo but no tripod and screen protector that all. It is still a good deal as I get 1 more year of warranty and able to puchase my second len at discounted price

May I know which second lens did you bought and at what price ya? Thanks.

is a55 image quality better than a33?

i compare their images from imagin resources and visually a55 pictures looks better.

Looks better to me too.

lets compare then
sitex show:
$1099 - a33 + 18-55 + 50mm + 16gb + bag + course + tripod + screen protector

regular shop:
$999 - a33 + 18-55 + 50mm + 8gb + bag + course

so basically $100 difference for extra 8gb, tripod and screen protector :eek:
well individual decision i guess.. but most imptly is whether the regular shops has the stock and honour the deal :p

for sitex 16gb is memory stick rite?
how about regular shop 8gig? is it SD card class 6 or 4?

for sitex 16gb is memory stick rite?
how about regular shop 8gig? is it SD card class 6 or 4?

MSC gave me Sony Class 4 SD. it claim it's HD 1080 ready.