Son Caned - Parent Storms School threatens Principal

Strange, wouldn't the parent be informed before the student was caned?

there are lots more "funny" (my siblings & i went to same primary school, we laugh when we talk about it) punishments i bet u guys never heard of.

At my school, corporal punishment was banned, but there was nothing forbidden about going to the school canteen to clean the floors (yes, it's bad) or pick up all the trash and litter in the amphitheatre and school premises (the things kids throw away... ugh)

At my school, corporal punishment was banned, but there was nothing forbidden about going to the school canteen to clean the floors (yes, it's bad) or pick up all the trash and litter in the amphitheatre and school premises (the things kids throw away... ugh)

no clean toilet ah??

no clean toilet ah??

clean toilet was not punishment. everyone in my school take turns to clean after recess. just like sweeping the floor, cleaning the chalk board.

anyway nowadays parents don't send their children to school for discipline.

mine is even better....the disciplinary teacher will tie a striking red towel and ask the student to run like superman around the school compound for a few rounds.
for some that were caught arm wrestling in class, they are required to carry a desk to EACH classes and arm wrest there for 10-15mins. :D
that was for the secondary school day..

when i was in secondary...our punishment more ciak lat...got a super evil teacher...homework no do...ask u put hand on table, and proceed to take a pen..those cheap one hexagon type one and roll up and down ur hand. sound simple but pain like hell. another would be squating while straighten ur hand towards the side.

Times are just so different now.

I've got a couple of friends in the education line & they just cant stand the kids these days!

I still remember when I was a kid, when my dad took me to schoo, he used to tell me teacher "If he misbehaves, just cane him & let me know, I'll teach him a lesson at home as well."

Kena cane in school, go home, part2, mother cane, part 3, father comes back from work & continue canning :sweat: Over next few days, no cartoons & stict curfew :sweat:

i dont believe in sparing the cane. i believe in tough love (not abuse hor).

would a parents rather their kids grow up and than possibility taste cane in the prison? u see, our legal sys also believe in caning to adult (when they break certain law )also believe in caning.

Times are just so different now.

I've got a couple of friends in the education line & they just cant stand the kids these days!

I still remember when I was a kid, when my dad took me to schoo, he used to tell me teacher "If he misbehaves, just cane him & let me know, I'll teach him a lesson at home as well."

Kena cane in school, go home, part2, mother cane, part 3, father comes back from work & continue canning :sweat: Over next few days, no cartoons & stict curfew :sweat:

quite brutal..me usually reach part 2 only.

If I'm not wrong, nowadays all forms of corporal punishment (i.e. caning and what not) is not allowed, even by VP except in very special circumstances.

That guy's kid got caned. I've heard of stories of teachers being called into principal's office for "tea" simply for scolding the kids because the parents complained that the kid's self-esteem was damaged in the process. :dunno:

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong, nowadays all forms of corporal punishment (i.e. caning and what not) is not allowed, even by VP and whatnot, except in very special circumstances.

That guy's kid got caned. I've heard of stories of teachers being called into principal's office for "tea" simply for scolding the kids because the parents complained that the kid's self-esteem was damaged in the process. :dunno:

I would wish my CEO calling up my boss for "tea" if i complaint that my self-esteem was damaged due to scolding from my boss. :bsmilie:

Many of us had when thru all forms of funny corporal punishment during childhood, but we are still ok.

caning only, what the big hoooooo haaaaaaa?????:dunno:

I don't think those parents really care about their children, more likely they only care about their own ego.

ya, becos the kid now very malu in school as his father act like that.....

Hiaz.....last time if kena cane in school, go home confirm got second round from parent.....

HAHAHA. Second that too. That's why i always keep quiet, unless my case very big need to inform parents then jia lat liao.. :eek:

mine is even better....the disciplinary teacher will tie a striking red towel and ask the student to run like superman around the school compound for a few rounds.
for some that were caught arm wrestling in class, they are required to carry a desk to EACH classes and arm wrest there for 10-15mins. :D
that was for the secondary school day..

Mine even better too.. My school dun allow ankle socks, if u get caught. The shoe and sock will be taken away and barefoot the whole day. LOL.

If u get caught for long hair, The DM will shave one side of ur hair and u die die must go cut.

Cool discipline eh???

question

parents who are in their 30s-40s with kid in primary. they went through the punishment mentioned here and understand the good they did for us.

not talking about abuse, i know there will be people who will come say caning must done with blah blah blah.

so, why are those parent complaining? i assume they are same age group.

the school should REALLY punish the boy's father ........... by doing nothing

let the father clean up his mess 10-20 years later

Last edited:
the school should REALLY punish the boy's father ........... by doing nothing

let the father clean up his mess 10-20 years later

no leh. what if sch hit child without letting parent know?

i thought must get parents approval before can hit? no way sch can just cane without parents approval:think:

so if the sch did that, then i dun see why it is wrong for daddy to storm the sch. imagine that ur child got hit, without u even knowing.

cause logically speaking, if daddy gave approval, why would he bother to storm office?