Someone called me a "prostitute" in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord_Angelus said:
WHO said that I am blaming her.

I just SAID that it is not safe for people who are walking alone and get drump on this people.

cool down lah, just forgive and forget. dont need to get upset from this ppl on the street.

Lord_Angelus said:
Just beware at upper South Brigdh Rd around the Law socity there.

Chinatown area a lot of mad ppl! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Lord_Angelus said:
I just FEEL VERY BLOOODLY HELL want to beat her for saiding this kind of thing to me! It sounds so sick when she said that. And she said siaiding at me!
;(

I may have misinterpreted that. I'm sorry, but this incident just reminds me of my own family, so my own feelings may have been mixed up in my reply. I apologise if it offended you. :)

harrynkl said:
cool down lah, just forgive and forget. dont need to get upset from this ppl on the street.

Yah loh, mad ppl all over the place sometimes. I wonder they go up the bus i think they never pay... but sometimes the bus driver also cannot be bothered. I have seen woman tat have long untidy unwashed & so smelly just come onto the bus & went around sitting on every empty seat. So scary, ppl freaked out. But after a while she went down the bus on her own accord. ;p

Lord_Angelus said:
How this person look like:
Female
Around 40s
Short
Fat
Was speaking in English and was pretty good.
Wearing a very big glasses. thick
Was wearing brown shirt and shorts. Unkeep.. look dirty
Long hair to the wists. Tie at the back.

(did not get a photo on her. did not bring my cam out -_-)

Does she have some greying hair as well?

Saw that girl before in Middle road! For nothing kanna ****???:angry: Same like me and i'll say " Today is not your lucky day!"
Soooooo........don't bet world cup for two days but ask Four numbers from her:bsmilie:
Happened to me hor! I kanna started $500 from her mounth:bigeyes: How??????? So don't be too angry lar! Sometime something is bad but indirectly it bring you good luck too! Depend on how you look at it:bsmilie:

south bridge road area..especially those back streets near maxwell market.

trying walking around alone at night and you will know why people call you "prostitute".

Just to share my experience....

Many years ago I drove home from work with my wife one evening and found this lady wandering at the parking lot at my HDB block. She looked lost so we stopped to ask if we can help her. She said she was looking for a friend but could not locate the place. When we asked her for the address she could not provide one and she looked like she was going to cry. So we ask her to hop into our car and then drove her to the nearby neighbourhood police post.

When we arrived I got out of the car and brought the lady into the police post. To my surprise the policeman on duty shouted "what do you want again this time???!!" at her when he saw her. The 2 immediately started shouting at each other. A second policeman came to me and asked me to step aside. We went outside and he politely explained to me that this lady had mental problems and has been bugging them many times already. He did not tell me the details but it sounded like getting someone in the neighbourhood to drive her to the police post was not not the first occurrence at that time. He told me that they will contact her family and that I could leave.

When I was approaching my car the lady rush out and tried to block me from getting into my car. The first policeman came out and pulled her aside. I got into my car and my wife started asking me what was wrong. I had not time to answer and as I backed off from the parking lot the lady managed to pull herself free from the policeman and ran over to block my car. I had to wait for the policeman to pull her away the second time before I managed to drive off without running over her.

Quite an interesting experience....

aiyoh. crazy people lah. maybe v v v vdesperate after broken heart ( the boyfriend run away with prostitute? etc ) cannot tahan seeing other ladies with another men.

Quite funny. :bsmilie: Reminds me of an incident in the library also. A woman fitting the description was reading a book silently initially and I heard some mumblings coming from her. I was with my colleagues doing project research so we did not really bothered.

At first I thought she was just praying or what so I did not really care about it. But when I heard the infamous 11-lettered KNNBC*B out from her mouth LOUDLY, I told myself, "That's it. We've got a nut crack on hand."

The best part is not abt this screw loose nut. The best part is, my colleagues and I were being CHASED OUT OF THE LIBRARY BY THE LIBRARIAN FOR NOTHING! This is extremely absurd. We ain't the ones causing trouble, what we are doing are just our project, taking a few books, and taking down notes and stuff, there is this nut crack on hand. The librarian did not have the balls to chase her out (ok, not say the female librarian has balls, literally) but instead turned her attention on the 'lesser of 2 evils', a group of quiet people who are doing their project.

According to the librarian, she said that we ain't suppose to do our 'homework' in there (damnation, I'm beginning to think if we looked like a bunch of Poly students that time).

Happened like 6yrs ago, but it still burned in my mind.

It is equally disturbing to see many mocking mentally disturbed persons.

Lord_Angelus said:
I just FEEL VERY BLOOODLY HELL want to beat her for saiding this kind of thing to me! It sounds so sick when she said that. And she said siaiding at me!
;(

and Was worry the same timing becuase she looks like wanted to take something from us
Have some compassion and give that lady the benefit of doubts. When confronted, just moved on and ignore what he/she is talking or shouting. The more you can forgive, the less you will be unhappy.
From what she has said, definately she must have suffered a lot, and most likely her hubby must have ran away from her and destroy her family (my interpretation). No one wants to be in her situation, but sometime in our lifetime if we are in the wrong shoes, we may end up like one of them. The key word is to have compassion and understanding toward ppl who are less fortunate than us.
There is one at Jln Sultan Rd, one in Middle Road. Many ppl didnt know walked near them and offer help and in return were asked to give them money, or kanna scolded for nothing. In the past I used to be very pissed off by such simple incidents, but when you get older you see things "clearer".
One eg, I used to be pissed off by motorbikes overtaking my car, driving slowly in front, etc... but now even if i am right i give way ... no more an angry man, and a happier driver. The reason i give to myself is that i am lucky to be driver than a rider.

AngelZhou said:
aiyoh. crazy people lah. maybe v v v vdesperate after broken heart ( the boyfriend run away with prostitute? etc ) cannot tahan seeing other ladies with another men.
Even it if is or so, I don't think it's nice to criticise or make such nasty assumptions of people like that.

They have their own problems and by no faults of their own the become mentally unstable. It's a medical condition not a natural behaviour.

All you can do is just ignore, but is there seriously a need to make fun of others (regardless mentally sound or unsound)?

I'm surprised the mods are doing nothing.

Who knows...LA
maybe she mistake you wif the woman who ran off wif her husband and as most ppl here said previously ... she's mentally unstable.

Forget about it and move on and have your camera by your side all the time. She appears once angain ... SHOOT HER DOWN!!! and post her PIX online haha ;p

sh*ts do happen. from what you described here, i think you just chanced upon a mentally unstable woman and it's just your luck to bump into her. dont take it personally, for all you know, other people might have used the same words that she scolded you, on her very self. i do pity that woman though..with such an unsound mind and unkempt looks. she's lucky to bump into you guys... if others , might have done something else. chill :)

Cikgu101 said:
Forget about it and move on and have your camera by your side all the time. She appears once angain ... SHOOT HER DOWN!!! and post her PIX online haha ;p
Let say Lord managed to shoot her down and post her PIC online, and it turns out (juz an example) that she is related to you or a relative, how would you feel? Still haha ;p ?
You advised ppl to move on and yet you encouraged ppl to post their pix? :nono:

Lord_Angelus said:
;(
If u do not want to raise tensions. Walk away or ignore.
Of cos, u can increase temperatures not with ur mouth, or ur throat but just by a simple Finger.

and Was worry the same timing becuase she looks like wanted to take something from us
In such a case, a single KO punch straight to the nose would suffice.

Time to hit the gym. :)

She might not be able to help it: Symptoms of tourettes.. or she could just be really nasty. At least it made your life interesting for a moment, hey?

espn said:
Even it if is or so, I don't think it's nice to criticise or make such nasty assumptions of people like that.

They have their own problems and by no faults of their own the become mentally unstable. It's a medical condition not a natural behaviour.

All you can do is just ignore, but is there seriously a need to make fun of others (regardless mentally sound or unsound)?

I'm surprised the mods are doing nothing.

As the society gets richer, more and more people will be displaced.

This is not new in any society. The poorer ones seems to have people who have time and concern to take better care of such people. The richer developing societies/countries' governments seems to apply cost-benefit analysis and concludes its cheaper to do nothing. Eventually charities and non-governmental organizations comes in to help when the problems are serious enough.

See the attitude of the police; they reflect exactly what their bosses believe and are doing exactly they are told.

It will take more than moral courage to detract.

Canonised said:
Have some compassion and give that lady the benefit of doubts. When confronted, just moved on and ignore what he/she is talking or shouting. The more you can forgive, the less you will be unhappy.
From what she has said, definately she must have suffered a lot, and most likely her hubby must have ran away from her and destroy her family (my interpretation). No one wants to be in her situation, but sometime in our lifetime if we are in the wrong shoes, we may end up like one of them. The key word is to have compassion and understanding toward ppl who are less fortunate than us.
There is one at Jln Sultan Rd, one in Middle Road. Many ppl didnt know walked near them and offer help and in return were asked to give them money, or kanna scolded for nothing. In the past I used to be very pissed off by such simple incidents, but when you get older you see things "clearer".
One eg, I used to be pissed off by motorbikes overtaking my car, driving slowly in front, etc... but now even if i am right i give way ... no more an angry man, and a happier driver. The reason i give to myself is that i am lucky to be driver than a rider.

wow, u gain enlightenment, such forgiving act is well comment:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.