Some Shots with 70-300 f4.5-5.6 G SSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi Pals,

Here are some shots to share of photos taken with the 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G SSM.
Manage to get hold of one this week. All O can say is that this lens is really great for travel. Inspite of its slightly bulky size (great for hand holding and grip stability)....its heavy and light at the right places.

Its heavier on the front area and lighter at the back region and that helps balance the lens when used with the Alpha 700 with vertical grip on. Here are soem first few shots taken today at home...
This lens is sharp even at wide open......as expected form G graded lens. The SSM is fast and swift with focusing lock at times too quiet......

This lens is really a matched pair with the CZ 24-70mm F2.8 SSM. In any case, its lighter than the 70-200 f2.8 G SSM lens and its black body make it looks good too haha...

70300a.jpg

original size image here -http://www.md-sulhan.com/tmp70300g/a.html

70300b.jpg

original size image here -http://www.md-sulhan.com/tmp/70300g/b.html

70300c.jpg

original size image here -http://www.md-sulhan.com/tmp/70300g/c.html

70300d.jpg

original size image here -http://www.md-sulhan.com/tmp/70300g/d.html

All the small images are slightly post processed in PS:
- Resized to 800px across
- Duplicate Layer
- High Pass the top layer @ 0.3
- Layer - linear Light

Rgds,
Sulhan

very sharp lens. how is de focussing speed?

The focussing speed, as Sulhan mentioned, is very fast. If you're focusing on distant objects, it helps to set the focus limiter at 3m to infinity.

there's one of these on sale in the BnS...

how's the low light performance??

Hi Pals,

Here are some shots to share of photos taken with the 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 G SSM.
Manage to get hold of one this week. All O can say is that this lens is really great for travel. Inspite of its slightly bulky size (great for hand holding and grip stability)....its heavy and light at the right places.

Its heavier on the front area and lighter at the back region and that helps balance the lens when used with the Alpha 700 with vertical grip on. Here are soem first few shots taken today at home...
This lens is sharp even at wide open......as expected form G graded lens. The SSM is fast and swift with focusing lock at times too quiet......

This lens is really a matched pair with the CZ 24-70mm F2.8 SSM. In any case, its lighter than the 70-200 f2.8 G SSM lens and its black body make it looks good too haha...

All the small images are slightly post processed in PS:
- Resized to 800px across
- Duplicate Layer
- High Pass the top layer @ 0.3
- Layer - linear Light

Rgds,
Sulhan

I think this a good pair with cheaper CZ 16-80 for traveling. I beg to differ the front element is very heavy very difficult to balance on tripod, that's why the major draw back of this lens is missing tripod collar and second stiff zooming ring. Other than that I am very happy with the AF and image it produce.

I think this a good pair with cheaper CZ 16-80 for traveling. I beg to differ the front element is very heavy very difficult to balance on tripod, that's why the major draw back of this lens is missing tripod collar and second stiff zooming ring. Other than that I am very happy with the AF and image it produce.

Is the CZ full frame?

How many aperture blades for this Lens?

prod. code: SAL-70300G
coverage: Full frame
max. aperture: 4.5-5.6
min. aperture: 22-29
focal range: 70 - 300 mm
elements/group: 16/11
angle of view: 32,1 - 8,2
aperture blades: 9, circular
minimum focus distance: 1200 mm
filter rotate when focusing: No
filter rotate when zooming: No
max. magnification: 1:4
focus design: front
min. length: 135 mm
filter diameter: 62, front mm
hood: SH0010 petal shape
weight: 800 g
color: black

Thanks for the info, thinking of getting this Lens. Hope there's still stock for it.

other than this there's also the tamron F2.8 telephoto to look forward to

nice pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.