some ramblings from yesterday ndp preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribal.snake

Dec 7, 2006
west side!
hello all,

i was working at the ndp preview yesterday, was some unpleasant things and here to ramble about it. u can choose to ignore or bitch abt it or add watever u feel but as said, is rambling...

i know it's a habit for all photographers to get totally excited and go on shooting watever they want to. even when they are done, they would hang around and chit chat watever they have just shot, comparing the angles etc etc. i am guilty of that and i think everyone is.

but...

do bear in mind that behind you there are tons of people who are interested in watching the show. dun just assume that by crouching down or sitting at the staircase that you are not blocking anyone's view. yes u have paid ur dues in coming to the show and u deserve the best view. but others have also paid their dues... including the small kids and elderly who have to make a big effort to avoid seeing ur behind just to see the show.

if u wanna do ur quick shots, do it and get out of the way or back to your seat. and not stare at the old man who ask u to siam or pretend to crouch down and hide.

and pro-photographers, i know u are paid to do a job... but dun argue with the damm authorities when they ask u to move away. u are equally guilty of blocking everyone's view. i know u have to fulfill your duties but i believe there are other ways to do so. u dun have to argue with the man in blue nor the crowd that you are the official videographer/photographer and that u have to do your job just because it's the best angle. in all respect, i believe you were told not to impede the crowd nor the authorities. and dun smirk when u can't get your way.

well, tis is just some aimless ramblings from a pissed and tired guy from last nite. mods can delete it, ppl can flame me etc etc. i just hope everyone here thinks about the people enjoying the event behind you when u shoot the next time.

cause i did.

Not really interested in little grouses, but what I'm more interested in...

Any cockups during the Parade? ;p

Not really interested in little grouses, but what I'm more interested in...

Any cockups during the Parade? ;p

yes yes..a big dead pixel on the right screen...! :bsmilie:
web-DSC_3876-deadpixel.jpg

btw, i was on the top (at the top platform) most of the time, i din see any photographer blockig pple leh..
maybe i was at the dark green section all the time..

was at the NDP preview w my family on saturday too. we were seated at the right end of the green sector which was pretty near to the center stage. when the show start not long, there was this lady photgraphy w a D40 on a velbon tripod( cant help it but notice what gears others are using.)i don thing she is official as she wasnt wearing any tag. then she moved right infront of us, planted her tripod and started shooting. being a photgraphy myself i thought nevermind let her get the shot and move on...she stood there taking and reviewing her shots and never even squad when not taking pictures! worst..after a few shots, she took out her handphone and starting talking on the phone while standing and blocking our view and the row of spectators in front of us...i couldnt help it but tap her shoulders and ask her to move away. she turned and move off. even if she is a official photographer she should have the courtesy to reduce the time blocking others. am writing this so that photgraphers out there please be consederate when you take pictures. dont let your pleasure be a pain in e ass for others

was at the NDP preview w my family on saturday too. we were seated at the right end of the green sector which was pretty near to the center stage. when the show start not long, there was this lady photgraphy w a D40 on a velbon tripod( cant help it but notice what gears others are using.)i don thing she is official as she wasnt wearing any tag. then she moved right infront of us, planted her tripod and started shooting. being a photgraphy myself i thought nevermind let her get the shot and move on...she stood there taking and reviewing her shots and never even squad when not taking pictures! worst..after a few shots, she took out her handphone and starting talking on the phone while standing and blocking our view and the row of spectators in front of us...i couldnt help it but tap her shoulders and ask her to move away. she turned and move off. even if she is a official photographer she should have the courtesy to reduce the time blocking others. am writing this so that photgraphers out there please be consederate when you take pictures. dont let your pleasure be a pain in e ass for others

I was at the green sector too..but i am on the top platform, working...so i may not have noticed her..

if i am not wrong, u could approach the marshal or "pple in blue" there for help..:):think:

Status
Not open for further replies.