Some question about write speed and RAW images transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Is write speed limited by DSLR or CF/microdrive?

Let say i take pictures in RAW. Canon imaging program allow me to set the white balance of every images. Thereafter, i can transfer all the images into my PC. But the transfer is painfully slow, should i get a CF reader to transfer the images? But will i still get to set the white balance of every images if i use CF reader?

behyx said:
Is write speed limited by DSLR or CF/microdrive?

Let say i take pictures in RAW. Canon imaging program allow me to set the white balance of every images. Thereafter, i can transfer all the images into my PC. But the transfer is painfully slow, should i get a CF reader to transfer the images? But will i still get to set the white balance of every images if i use CF reader?
well most of the people I know using Digital Camera, they are all using CF reader to transfer the image to the PC. Using USB2.0, a 512MB CF get transfered over in a matter of mins. Much much faster then when I was using USB1.1.

You can oso use 3rd party s/w like Breezebrowser, Capture one Etc etc etc to do teh RAW file conversion. And it work the same way, if not better.

Write speed is a very variable component. For a brief views of things, look over here

Thanks bluestrike!

Status
Not open for further replies.