Some news from China - FF,MX-1, K01...

My take on this?
Probably a redux of the K-01 (either an apsc flagship version or FF version) where they removed the mirror but kept the mirror box. I'm still looking forward to the lenses that make use of the mirror box space to be hidden, in essence making them look compact as well as having the rear element closer to the sensor should make for a better capture. Something I mentioned previously. This would make a "different" type of mount which is still compatible with the old K-mount.

Remember the XS prototype?
20120208_6.jpg
All of a sudden dissappeared from any further announcement. Same thing as the GRD K-mount module rumours - both died down. Or have they kept it under wraps for development of the next gen of Pentax cameras? With Ricoh tech in phase and contrast af and evf, who knows?

All of this is pure speculation of course but the x-filer in me just loves conspiracy.

p.s. there are some pics on the net that doesn't seem quite right as in the guy(one particular) said it was from which particular lens but never mention what camera - I have my suspicions but I'll reserve that for myself

Last edited:
Let me try:

imho, the one i REALLY look forward to (though it means dumping a lot of APS-C lenses)

Q: Is Pentax going to release a full frame camera?
A: 2 years ago a reporter asked me about this. We have been working on a full-frame camera and it will be a distinctive one.

Full frame camera doesn't necessarily mean DSLR........ :)