Some Crumpler bag models on sale at CP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathay have a new range of document/laptop/camera bags (can't remember the exact name, er, sorry, was in a rush) which are DEEP & come with dividers including laptop slot & outer front zipper pocket too. Best part is it has the velcroed top padded flap that pulls up together with the bag cover. The flap also has a net pocket to put stuff like filters & such. They quoted me $200 nett.

Nearly wanted to buy a Seedy 3 at $123 (still have stock) but in the end I didn't get any Crumpler camera bag as I found that although they seemed well-made with quality material, one fundamental aspect that quite shocked me was that the shoulder strap did not run all the way under the bag to support the weight but instead appeared to be stitched to the side at a odd vertical angle to the inside vertical side seam of the bag. The new one that I mentioned above is worse as the part of the strap that attaches to the bag is actually THINNER than the rest of the shoulder strap!

Originally posted by cyrilng
Cathay have a new range of document/laptop/camera bags (can't remember the exact name, er, sorry, was in a rush) which are DEEP & come with dividers including laptop slot & outer front zipper pocket too. Best part is it has the velcroed top padded flap that pulls up together with the bag cover. The flap also has a net pocket to put stuff like filters & such. They quoted me $200 nett.

Nearly wanted to buy a Seedy 3 at $123 (still have stock) but in the end I didn't get any Crumpler camera bag as I found that although they seemed well-made with quality material, one fundamental aspect that quite shocked me was that the shoulder strap did not run all the way under the bag to support the weight but instead appeared to be stitched to the side at a odd vertical angle to the inside vertical side seam of the bag. The new one that I mentioned above is worse as the part of the strap that attaches to the bag is actually THINNER than the rest of the shoulder strap!

wah this one standard post ar? :bsmilie:

Originally posted by SianZronG

wah this one standard post ar? :bsmilie:

Not meant to spoil your MO, just stating my personal observations. Who knows I may end up getting a Crumpler some time later :bsmilie:

bur really the new bags at CP see so exp... so it's most likley the new season designs.... so i ain't affected :D

Sianzrong, i missed your MO by a bit. Wanted to get bag too. If you do MO for inserts next time, can tompang for bag and insert?

Originally posted by grifter
Sianzrong, i missed your MO by a bit. Wanted to get bag too. If you do MO for inserts next time, can tompang for bag and insert?

i still can accept orders leh... but no insert though....

cause now waiting for payment. alot of ppl bolui so waiting until next mth.

if thats the case... i should be placing my order on your hwz thread soon. I noticed in CP that their wonder weenie has the shoulder pad. Will your order have it too included? Cos i remember someone saying that no strap included or something..

Originally posted by grifter
if thats the case... i should be placing my order on your hwz thread soon. I noticed in CP that their wonder weenie has the shoulder pad. Will your order have it too included? Cos i remember someone saying that no strap included or something..

there is a shoulder pad on the wonder weenie if you read the description on the website i gave , it's one of the features.

Does anybody knows if the 20% promo is still on at Cathay?

yes the promo's still on..last checked today..30 Nov..

I went today CP 30/11 the guy said offer finis lioz....so disapointing. See so many crumpler bags......drool:eek:

guess wat the seedy three list price $266 discounted price $216 w/ inserts. i don't count the one i saw new design....

does anyone remotely know if the inserts for the Seedy Three can be purchased anywhere in Singapore?

know of anybody who might want to buy the inserts only?

i am toying with the idea of selling my inserts since i use the bag like a normal slingbag rather than a camera bag...

oh no..wait..seedy three inserts dun fit the weenie..
neverthe less how much are u offering??

might get a seedy three...

what crumpler bag do u guys recommend?
I plan to put an A40, maybe the lens adaptor + filters, 1 set of spare batts, plus my lecture notes...

Originally posted by djchris
what crumpler bag do u guys recommend?
I plan to put an A40, maybe the lens adaptor + filters, 1 set of spare batts, plus my lecture notes...
best to bring your gear down to CP and try out, cos everyone's stoage needs differ. but your lecture notes might be a problem, cos it means a fairly large flat space, which in turn means a fairly large bag (which you might not need, judging from your gear).

i use my Seedy 3 to bring any A4-size papers/notes/documents around with my gear, just to give you an idea.

Originally posted by SianZronG
guess wat the seedy three list price $266 discounted price $216 w/ inserts. i don't count the one i saw new design....

Is the discount for seedy 3 still valid? Saw it listed at $266 couple of days ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.