Software driver to mount the C2100 as an external/extra drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamWeng

Apr 7, 2002
Jurong
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is there any software driver to mount the C2100 as an external/extra drive to the PC thru the USB connection? The Camedia software modifies the date/time attributes of the jpegs being downloaded and is very slow.

a card reader would solve your problem.

not too sure if any software will help if the camera doesn't support "USB drive".

Hi,

I understand that but just trying to keep my desktop clear. Was trying to look for an internal mount PCI card reader. Not even one in Singapore leh. :(

KamWeng,
I have an Oly 2040 and connects to my notebook (running Win XP) using the USB port. The C2040Z came up as a removable drive on Explorer. Transfer of image between the camera and my notebook is pretty decent : est of less than 5 min to transfer 128Mb to my notebook.

Perhaps you might want to look for an updated driver on the Olympus website. I had to do this because the original Camedia Master disk does not come with Win XP support.

I know already. Olympus has a USB Auto Connect software driver to use the digicams as an external removable drive. BUT, unfortunately, C2100UZ is among one of the few models which doesn't support that! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Others are C2000/C2020, C3030...

Originally posted by KamWeng
I know already. Olympus has a USB Auto Connect software driver to use the digicams as an external removable drive. BUT, unfortunately, C2100UZ is among one of the few models which doesn't support that! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Others are C2000/C2020, C3030...

Doesn't really matter if can't use as ext drive cos mostly do d/l only. :D

Ya. But Camedia Master modifies the date/time attributes of the files being transfer leh. So I won't be able to know the photo's original time of taken in Explorer. Have to go into CM to see the EXIF info. :thumbsd:

Originally posted by KamWeng
Ya. But Camedia Master modifies the date/time attributes of the files being transfer leh. So I won't be able to know the photo's original time of taken in Explorer. Have to go into CM to see the EXIF info. :thumbsd:

Were did you see that , in the Spider man movie :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by syncmaster

Were did you see that , in the Spider man movie :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Spidey is old news now...the hottest stuff in town is Star Wars!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.