Soft touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOOXX

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
how do u give a photo that "soft" touch uzing PS n w/o uzing PS ............ ?? .............

can anyone pleaze teach me ........ ?? ......... me am not uzing a digital cam ................

:D

Hi,

There has been quite a lot of discussion on this topic before. Probably that's why no one is replying.

Streetshooter and tomshen are very good with PS effect. CHeck for their posts in the Portraits forum and you will find some discussions on the softening effect in PS.

Here is a thread which should give you an idea on how this is achieved in PS. Streetshooter has posted a tutoral before, but I did not go search for that.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16247&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

hehehehe ............ thank you very much ............

but how do me produce a soft touch w/o uzing PS ............?? .......... can teach me .........?? ..........

haz it got something to do with my equipment ....... ( do me need a filter ) ............. or only can soften it during film development ...................... ?? ...............

You can always add a soft filter to your camera for the effect. This is non-reversible. There is no way you can some how "unsoften" the image taken with a soft filter.

Soft filters (softeners) from differnet brands creat different results. Which ever suits your taste is, well, your personal choice. My personal favourite (before I learnt digital processing) is Nikon's, but I have only used Hoya and Nikon before. Now I do not use softeners and only rely on PS for such effects.

There are also DIY methods, such applying a thin layer of Vaseline on a skylight filter. I have not tried any of those. Also, DIY methods may not gove you consistant results.

Never heard of softening images during film processing or printing process. I suppose a softener can be added to enlarger type of printing in the darkroom.

Not sure also if softening effect can be added by the lab if you send a digital file for print. Ckiang should know a lot more about lab printing.

I remember long time ago I developed a roll of film a few months after I have taken the pictures, and the prints came out a bit soft.....

- Roy

thank you very much .......... !!!!! ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.