Smith Street Panorama

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteloud

Oct 1, 2006
Hi Guys,

I took this pano last October but because it had problems with moving subjects and because I had a better pano of Smith Street I never bothered to pay much attention to it until yesterday. I decided to re-edit it, and in the end was satisfied.

As I'm sure I've said before, night-time panos with moving people, with both dark areas and very bright illuminated signs are tricky.

http://www.peterloud.co.uk/photos/SEAsia_07-08/Chinatown_1.html

Cheers,

Pete

any tutorial for your panaroma shoots like softwares hardware to recommand ?

Hi mccm33,

I use Photoshop, PTgui & Pano2QTVR. Instead of the latter two you could try Hugin and Panocube which are free downloads.

There are quite a few tutorials on panorama photography, use Google to search for [panorama tutorial Hugin]

For hardware you could do with a device which allows you to rotate your camera about its Nodal Point. The best way around that is to build yourself a S$3 Nodal Samurai Pano-head Bracket. www.nodalsamurai.co.uk/

This is an immature subject which has not yet settled down to one or two ways of doing things. There is a lot of "trying this and trying that" before you can decide which methods you prefer. There is a lot to learn. You should see it as a medium term project not something to learn one evening when you are bored.

Give it a try :)

Cheers,

Pete

thanks for the info you provided .

Status
Not open for further replies.