SLR lenses on DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckb5

Jul 3, 2008
Anyone knows how a DSLR will work with an SLR lens? You know you have to set the aperture manually and stuffs, so does the aperture settings show on the DSLR's screen?

Saw nikon's website with its Manual lenses, so for a camera like D60, you've gotta focus and turn the aperture rings manually.. the dslr still works normal?
Just wondering.

it not whether the slr lens will work on the dslr, its more on what kind of mount your lens are equipped with.

E.g. canon has the EF/EFS mount.. EF mounts generally work for both their slr and dslr.. I'm not too sure about nikon's..

Most Nikon SLR lenses can mount on the new DSLR bodies.
Only difference is that only AF-S lenses can autofocus with lower-end DSLR (D40/D60)
Only Higher-end DSLR (D200/D300/D3) can meter AIS lenses.

Most Minolta lenses are SLR-day lenses and still have full autofocus and automatic aperture adustment on the new Sony DSLR bodies. So yeah, many of my lenses are SLR lenses and they work perfectly.

I have an old Pentax Z-20 SLR with various lenses. I use on my K10D by using M mode and play with the aperture manually and the shutter manually. Still works but you must remember the crop factor. So a 85mm F1.8 will become approx 127.5mm

Status
Not open for further replies.