slipped disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfish

Jan 13, 2004
just two days ago, i played a game of basketball and didnt warm up properly nor did i cool down.

after the game i went home with a really tight feeling in my lower back. then later in the night it started aching, and i couldnt really get up from the chair i was sitting in.

i woke up the next day with a really sore lower back. i couldnt bend over, and i feel a strain when i tried to walk, stand up or sit down.

wah is this slipped disc or what?

some said slipped disc is so bad that you cant even move, and will have sharp pain. is that true? any one here "experienced" in this?

Not sure how slip disc is like but I think you better go for a X-ray to have a look at your back just in case. :what:

slipped disc is when the disc in ur spine is 'squished' out or displaced and is currently pressing against a nerve...which causes u much distress and pain. Go see a doc.

I get that too sometimes when i over-exert on the court...but it goes away after a week's rest. Yes, i have slipped/herniated discs too...3 out of 5. It ain't fun. :sweat:

Go and see doctor. There are thousand and one things that might cause a sore back... Not neccesarily by slipped disc.

Hommie said:
Not sure how slip disc is like but I think you better go for a X-ray to have a look at your back just in case. :what:

x-ray can't detect...u MRI scan...

Few years back, I went for a game of bowling with a group of close friend on the may day holiday. I did not do any warm up and its been a long time when I last do exercise. After a few game, I start to have back ache, so I did some stretching on the spot and bingo... its so back that I couldn't even walk. My friends send me home immediately and put me to bed. I could turn even on the back, my back will give the pain of my lifetime and they had to send me to hospital. I got mc for 5 weeks for this, I thought I never been able to walk normally again, luckily I recovered. I had a relaspe one year later, exactly near the may day holiday, since then I am ok.

Advice is, go to A&E at the hospital to see the doctor there, clinic doctor couldn't help much.

Tai-Ji-Tua-Tiao-Liao!

Most prob you have strained your lower back muscle, its very common when you haven't exercise for along time, and never warm up/cool down and suddenly overexert yourself. If slipped disc, don't think you can even start to think about trying to walk or bend at all

I used to have very bad backache (injured in army), rainy seasons can use to tell weather, after that went to see physio learn to do some strengthing exercise helped abit. If it aches alot, try propping a small pillow below your lower back when sleeping.

Usually I'll go to see chinese sinseh when its aches quite bad. Go hospital doc will only ask you take x-ray (it doesn't really help unless you break something), then give you painkillers/ muscle relaxants (fixing the symptons, not the problem).

you are right, i just came back from the sinseh today. and its not a slipped disc. its a strained muscle pull.

so after some traditional chinese gongfu massage to loosen up the muscles, i can bend , sit , stand and walk ... but still abit sore, but compared to the previous state i was in, i would say its good enough for now. it should recover more after some rest.

anyway thanks for the posts dudes, phew, i really thought i dai-ji-tua-tiao already.

Chinese sinsehs cannot diagnose slip disc especially when it is minor. But remember, minor slip disc not treated can aggravate. If the slip is minor, it could be cured with physiotherapy. Better check out and get a proper answer than regret later coz it can remain with you for many many years..(sorry, don't intend to frighten you)

Do warm up before the game man... no harm doing so.

Where do you ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.