"Slim" filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

i120D

Jan 12, 2005
Just read about this 'slim' version polarizing filter, where did they reduce the width?
do they reduce the outer thread? does that mean we can't have anymore filters infront (e.g. to protect the filter)?:sweat:

It's the thickness of the filter that's thinner.

Yes, normally the slim filters do not have outer screw thread, so u cannot add any more filter in front of the slim filter.
I have a few B+W slim polarizer filters, I cant even put on the Nikon lens cap in front of the filter, thats how thin they are!

Astin said:
Yes, normally the slim filters do not have outer screw thread, so u cannot add any more filter in front of the slim filter.
I have a few B+W slim polarizer filters, I cant even put on the Nikon lens cap in front of the filter, thats how thin they are!

!!! that means we cant carry the filter attached inside a bag? need to be separated from the lens?!!!!
is that considered 'bad', from the other point of view?

i120D said:
!!! that means we cant carry the filter attached inside a bag? need to be separated from the lens?!!!!
is that considered 'bad', from the other point of view?
If u plan for your shoot well, thats not too bad.
If u dont plan for your shoot, thats considered bad.

The Nikon CIR-PL II can take a len cap. :)

considering the 17-40 f/4L, do i need a slim polarizer for this lens?:think:
i am using a 300D
any test done?

I've sold a Nikon CIR PL-II 77mm to a Canon user with 17-40L, he's happy :)

Personally have used the 77mm filter on AF-S 17-55DX, AF-S 17-35 and AF-S 12-24DX. No problems non-whatsoever.

hi, espn,

thnx for clearing my doubts.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.