SLIK Sprint PRO GM Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belleforte

Jan 29, 2003
Central Singapore
Visit site
I have seen at least 3 people selling the SLIK Sprint Pro GM Tripod on CS and Yahoo.Sg.

Can anyone give a frank opinion on this tripod? Why is everyone selling off their brand new set if SLIK claims that it is so good?

:confused:

I sold mine, because whatever system i am migrating to will be far too heavy for the tripod.

E.g. i have hardly used it after selling off my Finepix 602Z and shooting film. The tripod is excellent if you have a setup about 1-2kg.

So one of the reason why folks sell it off could be due to upgrading of systems, not so much the quality of the tripod.

I have this for a few months. It is actually a good tripod and has a lot of features. It can get up to eye level and has a ball head. Best of all is the light weight (800g).

On the other side of the coin, it can only support no more than 2 kg and it is kind of flimsy.

For me, weight is very important.

Originally posted by keicheng
I have this for a few months. It is actually a good tripod and has a lot of features. It can get up to eye level and has a ball head. Best of all is the light weight (800g).

On the other side of the coin, it can only support no more than 2 kg and it is kind of flimsy.

For me, weight is very important.

I sell mine because of weight issues too. It is a good Tripot I must comment.:D

Anyone know of a similar model from SLIK that is more 'HEAVY DUTY'? Something that can go low angles and can carry a D60 and with 100mm Macro or equivalent.

Manfrotto is out of budget for me.

There're some slik tripods that could meet your requirements. but they are not cheap too.

I am also looking for affordable tripod too! Here are some findings to share (with help from Mr Loh of MS COlor AMK):

1) U8000,it weighs 1.5kg and Mr Loh say that it is more than sufficient for my setup of EOS5 with a 28-105mm!! Think I be getting this one...

2) U9000 is basically same as U8000 with the spirit level..
Both are sufficient for my use for macro, potrait and night scene shots...

3) If you wanna buy something better, I suggest u get the 300DX, it weighs 2.6kg with the 3way pan head but can support up to 5kg load!! Very cheap also!! Mr Loh say new stocks coming this friday on the 11th, $$99!!! Will consider this one, but dun think I will buy anymore heavy lens cos I also have a Sony 707 which gives me 350mm focal length with a B300...

Or is they any old birds who will offer some valuable advice before I spend my hard earned cash on a tripod??

:)

I am a slik owner but was wondering if the Monfrotto 914 is a good substitute?

Thanks for the advice folks.

Actually the U8000 and U9000 has this braces that prevent the legs from opening wide for the camera to access low angles.

I also don't need the 3 way pan head as I already have a Manfrotto ball-head from my monopod.

A more robust version of the Sprint will be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.