Slcc_cc_230706

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMUS

Jan 10, 2006
NOMU
no one kick off yesterday outing, organised by SLCC.
before go to work, drop here two pics first ...

original.jpg
original.jpg

err....hope its my monitor...but it seem under expose...

Good play on bokeh, I like it. That, unfortunately is about all I like with both pictures. Whoever came up with this outfit ought to have his/her brain (the creative and asethetic center) re-examine. For a photographer to accept this out fit, well, see the previous sentence. Forget about the short not matching the top etc etc, just ONE simple thing, the outfit made the model looked like a BIG pear. Not flattering at all.

By the way, who did the make up? It absolutely did not work with the outfit. What are those sliver shinny thing underneath the model's eye???? For a black or dark color party dress, maybe, for this table cloth, please, spare my agony.

Exposure is a bit under, a bit of fill flash would have saved the day. Photographer must be in control of the shoot. We can not let stylist and make up artist run wild.

Here're my thoughts.

1. Looks under exposed. Guess no flash was used.
2. PS the silver dots away, they are distracting. No doubt it was part of the model's outfit but still it doesnt go.
3. The stray mass of hair in #1. It sticks out like a bunny's ear.

here's mine... haven't load much of the photo, but i kinda like this one... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
23julyshoot182.jpg

sharp shooter, pay attention to the DOF, if you had stop down a bit more, the lower part of her body will also be in focus, it would have been much nicer. Posing needs some work, her neck looked strained. But the problem is the same as many similar situation, the model face, the skin tecture and color differs from the rest of her body. Looks fake.

You are right ! But I guess it is one problem that you face in this type of organised shoot. Many photographers per model. Therefore you do not get the time to analyse your pics and ask the model to correct the pose in order to redo the capture.

Deadpoet said:
sharp shooter, ....Posing needs some work, her neck looked strained....

The key is not to redo the picture after checking in the LCD. Remember when we were shooting film, you should, since you still shoot film, we look at the model/subject, we pose, we check and shoot. We must do the same when shooting digital. Worse come to worse, I had told the model to repose. Others get annoyed, but after reposing, they all re-shoot.

sharp_shooter said:
here's mine... haven't load much of the photo, but i kinda like this one... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
23julyshoot182.jpg

if you look side ways..she doesnt look that fab..yea agree that the dof shud be higher...if u wan background blur rite..try shooting it all sharp den the sand u blur thru photoshop

GOMUS said:

This is nothing about technical aspect. One thing bothers me is (I hope AM would not say I jumped into conclusion again :) ):

Is this the dress suppose to be (splitted to side ways?) or is she lifting up the skirt? If it is, then her hands should not be put there, as if she is pulling up her skirt to expose. Not the model's fault. If the skirt is lifted up as per request, why? It makes more like flashing to the eyes..its a no no pose for this sweet innocent girl. Makeup is good but fail in this outfit and she is too young to take that.

I am learning how to comment, so I make any mistake, shoot me. I will take it as learning. If you ask me to post my photos, sure if CS allow me to post Nude. :)

sharp_shooter said:
23julyshoot182.jpg

i dun have a problem with the DOF. its her expression that bugs me..like trying to be sensous yet not sensous. the angle of the right arm also very odd. i think she is leaning too much on it such that the shoulder joint pops out. :think:

Deadpoet said:
Good play on bokeh, I like it. That, unfortunately is about all I like with both pictures.
DP, they were taken by 85mm, with some tips given earlier. I am glad to feel these new bokeh, and the sharpness of the lens. Glad!

Deadpoet said:
Whoever came up with this outfit ought to have his/her brain (the creative and asethetic center) re-examine. For a photographer to accept this out fit, well, see the previous sentence. Forget about the short not matching the top etc etc, just ONE simple thing, the outfit made the model looked like a BIG pear. Not flattering at all.
:) I have no comment and control to the outfit. Probably the 'fancy' dressing creating a strange in the context, made it appear weird. Regret I never ask her to jump up higher, and shot her against blue sky at background, a big smile, or act cute. It will make different story. (AND IT IS DAMN HOT WEATHER, ALL OF US GET SO TIRED.....:dunno: , HIDDEN UNDER SHED...oppsss.. our fault..:( :rolleyes

Deadpoet said:
By the way, who did the make up? It absolutely did not work with the outfit. What are those sliver shinny thing underneath the model's eye???? For a black or dark color party dress, maybe, for this table cloth, please, spare my agony.
Make up artist is trying fresh look for teenager. Imagine a group of gals against the current trend, never look back history, mixed and match what is available. I have imagined them as dolls in fact during the shoot, big eyes, stiff limbs, or act blur. Post this pic later once I reached home. .....AGAIN, photographer's fault...

Hope there are lessons for all. :)

Bobman said:
This is nothing about technical aspect. One thing bothers me is (I hope AM would not say I jumped into conclusion again :) ):

Is this the dress suppose to be (splitted to side ways?) or is she lifting up the skirt? If it is, then her hands should not be put there, as if she is pulling up her skirt to expose. Not the model's fault. If the skirt is lifted up as per request, why? It makes more like flashing to the eyes..its a no no pose for this sweet innocent girl. Makeup is good but fail in this outfit and she is too young to take that.

I am learning how to comment, so I make any mistake, shoot me. I will take it as learning. If you ask me to post my photos, sure if CS allow me to post Nude. :)

Good imaginations~!

westwest1 said:
err....hope its my monitor...but it seem under expose...

:) i like this slightly underexpose, to bring out the mood of environment.....(if the colour scheme of clothes in dark colour...I think it will appear better...)

sharp_shooter said:
oppsss...u hacked my threads....:) only more sharp shoot?

GOMUS said:
:) i like this slightly underexpose, to bring out the mood of environment.....(if the colour scheme of clothes in dark colour...I think it will appear better...)

You like it slightly underexpose? Bring the mood of the enviroment?

What exactly are you talking about? I do not understand your definition for the above statement. Please explain.

Deadpoet said:
Good play on bokeh, I like it. That, unfortunately is about all I like with both pictures. Whoever came up with this outfit ought to have his/her brain (the creative and asethetic center) re-examine. For a photographer to accept this out fit, well, see the previous sentence. Forget about the short not matching the top etc etc, just ONE simple thing, the outfit made the model looked like a BIG pear. Not flattering at all.

Exposure is a bit under, a bit of fill flash would have saved the day. Photographer must be in control of the shoot. We can not let stylist and make up artist run wild.

Spot on comments.:thumbsup:

Loupisk said:
You are right ! But I guess it is one problem that you face in this type of organised shoot. Many photographers per model. Therefore you do not get the time to analyse your pics and ask the model to correct the pose in order to redo the capture.

It does not matter if it's a group effort. You just need to ask nicely from the model to get a shot for yourself. Those beside you or behind you follow your requested pose.

There is no such thing as group shot means you cannot correct the pose of the model.

You as a photographer are in control. If the rest do not want to open their mouth, then you do it. I have been to just one model shoot a long long long time ago. No one wants to do it. So when I started asking the model to do various poses, everyone in my group just follow my pose. Plus the model do not need to crack their head as they will run out of poses.

Pro Image said:
You like it slightly underexpose? Bring the mood of the enviroment?

What exactly are you talking about? I do not understand your definition for the above statement. Please explain.

pro_image, thanks for commenting. moody in the background, express true-ness in her complexion. probably all of us will imagine she appears fair, than this pics, it is very pretty close. under a shade. (hope there is no offence to model, a healthy skin tone.) :)

Pro...I still like this moody. Maybe we need to calibrate our screen. my poor ..cheap monitor.....(maybe can throw liao)

Status
Not open for further replies.