SLCC SHoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadpoet said:
A contract is a contract. It has the same implications and responisbilities regardless of whether the photographers, the models, the MUA, the organisers are professionals or amateurs. Are you implying that amateurs do not have to comply with contractual terms?

If the make up is bad, if the outfit is a mess, if the shoot is not turning out the right way, we, as photographers and paying customers, have the rights and responsibilities to complain and demand the problems fixed.

Having fun is important. I have fun with my friends in many ways, but when I am having fun shooting with my photography friends, I still expect that the subject, which I am paying for, deliver as expected and promised.

All too often, just because there are a few cute beautiful models standing in front of our cameras, many of us forgot all about what we are there to do in the first place. Too bad, so sad, is all I can say about these photographers.

ok...we know your stand already. if you had attended this shoot, please start complaining. if not then leave it to those who attended to decide whether to complain or not. :rolleyes:

madmacs said:
ok...we know your stand already. if you had attended this shoot, please start complaining. if not then leave it to those who attended to decide whether to complain or not. :rolleyes:
come on madmacs, did I say anything specific in this post about this shoot? I don't think so.

anyway, you can do your thing, and I will continue to do mine. you have a problem with that?

Deadpoet said:
come on madmacs, did I say anything specific in this post about this shoot? I don't think so.

anyway, you can do your thing, and I will continue to do mine. you have a problem with that?

no problem..you can carry harping and i can carrying asking you to lay off. fair right?

the makeup,,,i think in other photos of this gal, it looks okie. maybe photos of her in this thread are special.

Bobman said:
ya, i agreed that it was a mess nonetheless she is trying her best just that her best wasn't good enough. i think she learned her first lesson. Will you attend her second shoot if she conducts again? ...... I will.

I would rather pay more to join one of your shoots than go for another round of claustrophobia - once bitten twice shy. :)

heheh...actually quite interesting leh.....maybe he was going for that alien star trek effect?

I have to admit that the makeup looks a bit heavy, too much bronzing by the MUA/model?(unless it deliberate:angel: )

Deadpoet said:
Just 2 comments. Whatever you did, your handling of skin tone sucks, the model is either too red, too pink, too bronze, too unatural, too bad.

What is this obcession of sticking shiny little thingys underneath the eye. First of all, execution not good, it's inappropriate for the look, it's getting boring.

Oh, sorry, 1 more comment, in your first picture, the make up around the eyes, particularily the one with the shiny silver thingy, look ghaustly, then after a few more looks, I know what it looks like, a Borg from Star Trek!

Klose said:
I would rather pay more to join one of your shoots than go for another round of claustrophobia - once bitten twice shy. :)

Thanks for that comment. But lets give her a try. I will tell you if here is improvement. :)

Deadpoet said:
WRONG. How wrong could you be. Photographers paid for this shoot. They are the boss and the MUA is there to carry out what they want. I have been to too many mas orgy shoots. All too often, the photographers are too timid to say a word about how they want a pose, how they want the make up to be done, and how they want.... Then they complain after the fact.

Speak up. Tell the organiser that the make up sucks. Tell the make up artist the make up sucks!

Why should I stop harping about it? The paying photographers must have the final say how the model is outfitted, styled etc etc.

actually to correctly put forth , is that i have been to some shots also. the fact is some of them (photog) doesnt have a damna ideal how to pose a model at all... much less to tell the mua that the make up sucks.. not to mention that the mua herself sucks.. Alot of it boils down to the basic.. If they dun have the basic , the rest can forget about it.

all i can say is women are nothing but trouble....we fight, quarrel over them
we men just ask for it :devil:

yilishengxian said:
But some, :lovegrin:, are worth the trouble :sweatsm:
yes our money, blood, sweat,tears are our offerings to them :blah:
the power to entice, seduce and drove men into madness....:thumbsup:
Beautiful women = weapon of mass destruction:devil:
we do have a choice of avoiding them but men are just being men we just keep going back for more

yilishengxian said:
Worse than the BBB virus :)

:thumbsup:
pro comment:bsmilie:
must carry yr bag next time for yr photoshoot

Canonised said:
Hi Joanne ... IMHO "cover backside" is meant only for the male gender ..... not applicable to the female gender.:think:

Aiya, told you liao my English not very good ma, thank you for your correction ;) Thank you!

jdredd said:
i dont doubt that you may have good intentions behind this shoot.

BUT, regardless of the skills of this particular photographer who posted the pictures, the fact is, the make up is awful, and does no go with the outfits.

if you cant see that, and insist on defending the MUA solely because she has shot for magazines etc etc, then im sorry to say, but you have really poor taste. and i would be quite hesitant to ever sign up for an SLCC shoot, if this is the kind of response i will get to valid complaints.

I am not insist on defending the MUA, to be fair to her, she is really good and she is in this industry for more than 7 years. She is also one of my MUA on 1/4 outdoor shoot. She really wants to give all the models a different looks on this shoot. We can't judge her to sentence when she don't do well for this outdoor shoot. I am too "Ah Soh", I will have to take the blame too, if I am fashionable this will not be happen. "Sincere advice jars on ear", but I don't mind. Really have to thanks jdredd, DP and those who gaive me all the advise. I will take note what they said and do it better for the next SLCC shoots and do it better for all the CS members! :cheers:

jcho said:
When is the next SLCC shoot?:bigeyes:

Really thank you you will still join the fun with us again(if there is another one) and thank you for your support to SLCC! We will have one on next month at MacRitchie Reservoir Zig-Zag Bridge(http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=206374) but......this is more to a sharing session with Newbies. This is free but no "chio bu" and "swee cha bo"!

Status
Not open for further replies.