SLCC SHoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobman said:
No offence. I think it boils down to professionalism again. If you know you are in this industry and the demands are unforeseenable. You must have back up and I believe that the job don't comes out in seconds without briefing. You must be well equipped and you must have contigency plans.

If you say you are doing a fashion shoot outdoor and your outdoor strobes gone case, you shoot with moonlight? I believe you bring a spare with you. If not, what kind of business are you in. I believe your client won't ask you to shoot sunrise when it is 2am.

Results cannot be compromised although someone said we have to sometimes.

Fully agree; and don't deny. Standards cannot be compromised; and you cannot blame the entire team if you can't exercise your own creativity either. Oh; and I HAVE had agencies telling me to shoot models for sunrise as early as 2am, bec sunrise is at 4am. Plus press run at 6am for closing... in media, everything and anything can happen...

Thanks for your thots.

After reading the threads. These are what I felt. I have mentioned it for quite a few times.

In order to churn out very good Lifestyle/fashion pictures, team effort between the

* Photographer
* lighting crew
* Art director/ Fashion stylist
* Makeup
* hairstylist
* Model

are of utmost importance. Many photographers do not value the importance of a fashion stylist here. I seldom produce fantastic pictures without them. Only those whom have gone for advance workshops/ seminars or worked with established photographers will be able to experience how the team concept works towards creating wonderful pictures.

As for these mass shoots. Its very unlikely you have the services of a good Fashion Stylist. Hence, if you guys are really interested to see how a team concept works. I dont mind sponsoring a A list team for a mass shoot in any of the upcoming Mass shoots by any organisers. Hopefully, that will help many understand the workflow to achieve good picture.

Peace to all. We all need one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.