Sitex IT fair

Why is Sitex a bad place to purchase cameras? I always thought that IT Fairs were the best place to get cameras cuz of the possibility of a discount AND the freebies that comes along with the purchase.

May I know where would you recommend me to get my camera, if not at the IT Fair? Thanks!

Any reasons why?

Hope you got your answers from the responses from others above.
;)

Since everyone's recommending our usual shops, do you think the price would fluctuate much between buying this weekend and next?

Since everyone's recommending our usual shops, do you think the price would fluctuate much between buying this weekend and next?

depends on what you are buying too right?

I dont think its too bad a place to buy dslr if u know exactly what you want. But they like to throw in a lot of useless freebies so tell them you dont want all of them and u'll get some form of a discount.

I dont think its too bad a place to buy dslr if u know exactly what you want. But they like to throw in a lot of useless freebies so tell them you dont want all of them and u'll get some form of a discount.

Then might as well go to the recommended shops. No crowd, no queue, bigger discount.

i avoid the fair, i can definitely get a similiar or better price on normal shop without the hassle.

I am very excited!! Can buy more cameras and lenses at RRP with freebies like umbrellas, mini tripods and lens blowers. Good ahh!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good advice bro .

It's an IT fair. Emphasis on the IT. Why do people think it's a photography fair with filters, tripods, studio strobes, yadda yadda yadda??

It's an IT fair. Emphasis on the IT. Why do people think it's a photography fair with filters, tripods, studio strobes, yadda yadda yadda??

Really beats me too.:dunno:

Well after all that's said and adviced, the number of cameras sold in those fairs are still, a lot? Ya it's a lot. Like the queue to pay up never ends.

The sitex IT fair is coming~! Arent you excited?;)

You must be VERY excited!
then after that MIA from this thread.... tsk tsk tsk.

you are the one who wanted to buy some Sony prosumer, am I right?
I still think it's cheaper at our friendly and reputable camera stores. But if you insist on going down, at least arm yourself with some info (street pricing, included 'freebies', etc) beforehand, otherwise you'll become another statistic.

Well after all that's said and adviced, the number of cameras sold in those fairs are still, a lot? Ya it's a lot. Like the queue to pay up never ends.
lots of gullible shoppers.
I suppose there are some good deals around. But those products usually don't interest me, and the crowds are the biggest turn-off.

Last 3 or 4 times I went to such shows, always walked away with feeling of regret and "why did I even bother?" feeling...