Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Listen up! Listen up!

Singapore Zoo is looking for images taken at the Mandai Zoo (duh?!?) for possible inclusion in future issues of the Zoo magazine and also usage on website and promotion materials.

Images can be of the following:-
1. Animals & wildlife
2. Scenery and environment
3. People and candids

As there will not be any remuneration for usage of your image, the following will apply:-
  1. Copyright of images will remain with the photographer.
  2. If your image is used, your name will be called out as the contributor.
  3. Singapore Zoo will have the right to use the images submitted by ClubSNAP members in the Zoo magazine, in-house materials and on their website for promotion purposes.
  4. For any other usage, the Zoo will contact the photographer for further discussion.
For those that want to submit their images please burn your images onto CDs, and pass them to either myself, Simon or Jason during the next couple of SEEDs (next one coming up on 26th March thereafter on 9th April).

Submission Instructions

Please mark your name and contact number on the CD (so that acknowledgement can be given if your image is used, and the Zoo can contact you if needed), and the naming format for the images should be:-

INITIALS-yyyymmdd-subject

Thus, if i submit an image of elephants taken today, i would name them as follows:-

DL-20030322-Elephant1
DL-20030322-Elephant2
DL-20030322-Elephant3
and so on...

Images should be in JPEG or TIFF (JPEG preferred) format, and the suggested minimum dimension is 2160 x 1440 pixels (to enable full page A4 printing if needed). Images smaller than 2160x1440 can be submitted but it may only be useful for smaller pictures in the magazine or for online usage.

This is open to all, so if you think you have some suitable or unique images you have taken at the Zoo, please submit it.

why not CS do what Willyfoo did for the Spice Garden.

Organise a shoot which members's photo will be contributed to the zoo's usage..
Hopefully member can shoot the animals in a different way.
The Zoo can help us plan the shoot, esp. on feeding or any special timing..

Cheers,

Originally posted by PentiumPC
why not CS do what Willyfoo did for the Spice Garden.

Organise a shoot which members's photo will be contributed to the zoo's usage..
Hopefully member can shoot the animals in a different way.
The Zoo can help us plan the shoot, esp. on feeding or any special timing..

Cheers,
That can also be arranged. But seeing that members have been going to the Zoo on their own for quite a while, sure have some pictures that have been taken previously which are probably unique.

If members are interested to gang together for a one day shoot, we can arrange another outing - will try to cover as many of the activities as possible.

Originally posted by Darren
That can also be arranged. But seeing that members have been going to the Zoo on their own for quite a while, sure have some pictures that have been taken previously which are probably unique.

If members are interested to gang together for a one day shoot, we can arrange another outing - will try to cover as many of the activities as possible.

Can we get special access to certian enclosure etc.. so we can have special zoo outing not like others that we go on our own..

cheers,

Are those clubsnappers going to be given freebies or things like free entry to zoo for a year or such thingy?

Or are we just trying to run professional photographers out of business in Singapore?
:devil: :rbounce:

Originally posted by Darren
Listen up! Listen up!

Singapore Zoo is looking for images taken at the Mandai Zoo (duh?!?) for possible inclusion in future issues of the Zoo magazine and also usage on website and promotion materials.

Images can be of the following:-
1. Animals & wildlife
2. Scenery and environment
3. People and candids

As there will not be any remuneration for usage of your image, the following will apply:-
  1. Copyright of images will remain with the photographer.
  2. If your image is used, your name will be called out as the contributor.
  3. Singapore Zoo will have the right to use the images submitted by ClubSNAP members in the Zoo magazine, in-house materials and on their website for promotion purposes.
  4. For any other usage, the Zoo will contact the photographer for further discussion.
For those that want to submit their images please burn your images onto CDs, and pass them to either myself, Simon or Jason during the next couple of SEEDs (next one coming up on 26th March thereafter on 9th April).

Submission Instructions

Please mark your name and contact number on the CD (so that acknowledgement can be given if your image is used, and the Zoo can contact you if needed), and the naming format for the images should be:-

INITIALS-yyyymmdd-subject

Thus, if i submit an image of elephants taken today, i would name them as follows:-

DL-20030322-Elephant1
DL-20030322-Elephant2
DL-20030322-Elephant3
and so on...

Images should be in JPEG or TIFF (JPEG preferred) format, and the suggested minimum dimension is 2160 x 1440 pixels (to enable full page A4 printing if needed). Images smaller than 2160x1440 can be submitted but it may only be useful for smaller pictures in the magazine or for online usage.

This is open to all, so if you think you have some suitable or unique images you have taken at the Zoo, please submit it.

Hi

I have taken some shots at the singapore Zoo and willing to share. I wont be attending seeds.

So How do I submit ?

Ng Hiang Shue (John)

Status
Not open for further replies.