Singapore Powerboat - Early Bird (10:00am+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi All....

Here are some early bird shots during the 1st run on the circuit this morning. Went there to check out the location and equipment needed check.

Confirmed that the locations within the esplanade bay would be a great place to be for the event coverage. Turning PONTOON nearest to the Sheares bridge channel openning is one of the great turn position for composition as its an acute angle turn allowing the rear boats to be seen coming at an angle.

However......the day is OVERCAST!!!!!! Looks like the weather will be teh same for the day. Warming filters may be needed to get some warmth in the photo...

The long track runs parallel to the Marina Esplanade...

Recommended Equipment:
-------------------------
- Lens - 200mm (minimum for frame with enough space for panning effect)
Preferably - 300mm and above- if you want to do a framed up shot and a 500mm+++ to see the drivers face!!!!.

- Filters - Warming Filters if you want to get some warmth due to the overcast sky.....the mist and smod seem to cause some glowing in the atmosphere...

- Tripod for long lenses.

- Faster ISO speed film where neccesary...

Here are some photos i took.....

minpboat1.jpg

minpboat2.jpg

minpboat3.jpg

minpboat4.jpg

minpboat5.jpg

minpboat6.jpg

minpboat7.jpg

I wasn't actually there to take photos - just a survey firts in case i wanna go there later... so did not have my tripod with me......so borrowed a changkul (spade) from one of the bangladesh worker there to take some of the shots....

regards,
me

Thanks for the info bro.. BTW is there any security check if i were to go to the esplanade side?

sehsuan said:
sulhan, why did you borrow the spade for? :D
I believe he used it in place of a tripod. More like a monopod.

Status
Not open for further replies.