Singapore population to hit 6.9million by 2030

Sg should only accept FTs of this quality! ;(
We have this, not good enough?

34504544255dfc31b917.jpg

I didn't know SIA now is showing "LIVE CHINESE OPERA as inflight Entertainment"!!! Good show SIA... show them our Chinese Heritage!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Look more like Chinese ghost to me :bsmilie:

Look more like Chinese ghost to me :bsmilie:

It is not even end of the first Lunar month yet.... not so early!!!

But is this for real?? The bicep and forearm look so MANLY......

No wonder SIA is going to lose out to Emirates, and co. ........

How about this???

8464355760_279a8fa4d1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Ho ho ho, one of Pfizer's research units in sg going to shut down. Think i posted somewhere before sg's model for attracting high tech jobs, and why that model is not sustainable. Couldn't find the post anymore, but nvm, just sit back and watch the good times roll :bsmilie:

Ho ho ho, one of Pfizer's research units in sg going to shut down. Think i posted somewhere before sg's model for attracting high tech jobs, and why that model is not sustainable. Couldn't find the post anymore, but nvm, just sit back and watch the good times roll :bsmilie:

Investing in such technology and be able to grow your workforce having such level of skill is all part of becoming 1st world countries where R&D is the way to go. I have nothing with the move by Singapore Gov't look at 1st workd countries they have these or starting to invest. Even China wanted to be known as having high tech skill set population that's why they are heavily investing in space exploration and others. Singapore needs to grow we're past the manufacturing era what's next for Singapore to do and go? we cant compete with other asian countries as they have much cheaper labour.... At least to me Singapore gov't is doing something rather than nothing... I like the idea of creating a Bio Medical Research in Singapore

I remember reading this from somewhere that the future is BioTech and BioMed and NanoTech we are already in the Computer era some say we are almost at the end of it so it's just right for wealthy countries to try to invest in the future technology.

........ ( no) more good years........

Investing in such technology and be able to grow your workforce having such level of skill is all part of becoming 1st world countries where R&D is the way to go. I have nothing with the move by Singapore Gov't look at 1st workd countries they have these or starting to invest. Even China wanted to be known as having high tech skill set population that's why they are heavily investing in space exploration and others. Singapore needs to grow we're past the manufacturing era what's next for Singapore to do and go? we cant compete with other asian countries as they have much cheaper labour.... At least to me Singapore gov't is doing something rather than nothing... I like the idea of creating a Bio Medical Research in Singapore

I remember reading this from somewhere that the future is BioTech and BioMed and NanoTech we are already in the Computer era some say we are almost at the end of it so it's just right for wealthy countries to try to invest in the future technology.

I absolutely agree high tech is the way to go, in fact it's probably the only way to go. But i don't agree with the way sg is going about doing it. There's a reason why some tech companies pull out after awhile.

I absolutely agree high tech is the way to go, in fact it's probably the only way to go. But i don't agree with the way sg is going about doing it. There's a reason why some tech companies pull out after awhile.

Singapore still young so there's still much to learn at least we are trying out something :) rather than nothing.

alot will leave when their goals are fulfilled.. my pinoy colleague plans to work 5 years and go back be queen.. dun play play..

my china fren told me, pay them $800 and they will come to sg to work... can you imagine a singaporean earning $800? What future does he sees? can he afford a hdb? a wife? family?
::

No investors coming, then where are the new jobs gonna come from ? People (and the new found citizens) are gonna stare at one another and wait for money to fall from the sky ...... Thank you, White Paper. :what:

Erm, echoing ArchRival's sentiments. Bio XXX is not the future rather the sun is already setting for that particular industry.

Even Agency for Science, Technology and Research's (A*Star) managed to pissed off world leading cancer geneticists Dr. Neal G. Copeland and Dr. Nancy A. Jenkins. Top talents we truly need.

::

No investors coming, then where are the new jobs gonna come from ? People (and the new found citizens) are gonna stare at one another and wait for money to fall from the sky ...... Thank you, White Paper. :what:

LIFO lor

Erm, echoing ArchRival's sentiments. Bio XXX is not the future rather the sun is already setting for that particular industry.

Even Agency for Science, Technology and Research's (A*Star) managed to pissed off world leading cancer geneticists Dr. Neal G. Copeland and Dr. Nancy A. Jenkins. Top talents we truly need.

I think they were expecting research to perform like shares and want roi.... but it does not works that way....