Singapore plans YOG celebrations regardless of bid's outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me absolutely proud to be a Singaporean! :D

Three cheers for Singapore!!!

So many things going on in Singapore real soon... Terrific and congrat to Singapore...

10 Aug 2010 is a date to remember!:cheers:

I feel proud and happy for Singapore. :)

2010 is certainly a very exciting year.

IR coming + YOG

:lovegrin:

Congrats Singapore!!!!

My mom and I just realized it while watching the 9.30pm news.

Yay!!!!! :D

Anyone knows if Martial Arts like TKD & Judo will be held during Youth Olympics?

yay!! 3 cheers to singapore!!

Any idea how to be one of the official photographers to shoot at such international sports events? Only if you are shooting for the press? :think:

Wonder if the organising committee would accept volunteer photographers.. Would love to volunteer for such a meaningful event! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

GCT said that we will send a soccer team for World Cup 2010.. didn't realise that the country is able to bring the Olympics here! Well done! (Though I still prefer the World Cup;))

93243975.jpg

These are great times for Singapore. If it can take on the western world and win, how much will it triumph over our neighbours.

How come they managed to get the 'We Won' banner done so fast? Or is there another 'We Lost' banner prepared as well? :)
My feeling is that MCD already knew beforehand that we would win the rights to host the YOG. That's why the party was organised in the first place. We Singaporeans and our Government are just too thin-skinned to take the risk of holding such a party only to really find out that we had lost to Moscow during the celebrations itself.

When the competition was narrowed down to us and Moscow, it was almost a given that we would win since one of the considerations is that priority would be given to the country/city that has not hosted the Summer Olympics or could be a candidate for the hosting of a Summer Olympics. ;)

Yes Singapore will host the YOG!!!:bsmilie::cheergal::vhappy::cheers::cheergal:

I was there. Only regret was I did not bring my wide angle...

How come they managed to get the 'We Won' banner done so fast? Or is there another 'We Lost' banner prepared as well? :)
My feeling is that MCD already knew beforehand that we would win the rights to host the YOG. That's why the party was organised in the first place. We Singaporeans and our Government are just too thin-skinned to take the risk of holding such a party only to really find out that we had lost to Moscow during the celebrations itself.

When the competition was narrowed down to us and Moscow, it was almost a given that we would win since one of the considerations is that priority would be given to the country/city that has not hosted the Summer Olympics or could be a candidate for the hosting of a Summer Olympics. ;)

We are not the only country that bid for hosting the Game.

Do you know why they pick Singapore?

Because the YOG delegates have never tasted "Mee Siam Mai Hum" before, and they can only have this unique local cuisine here in the Lion City.

It is indeed 'Uniquely Singapore'.

To be very frank, when they announced that we won the bid, I am not at all surprised, happy or proud. Do keep in mind that even though our country is small (or should I say microscopic, when compared to USSR), we have plenty of S-11, lots of foreign talents, and unlimited resources and support from 'the ever great but nosy' Uncle Sam. Fortune favors us gradually.

We are not the only country that bid for hosting the Game.

Because of our well known efficiency, security and kiasu attitude I suppose.
As this is the first Youth Olympics, the LOC would want it to be very successfully carried out. They know that they could depend on the Singapore Government to bend over backwards to make sure that it would be a success even if they had to inconvenience the entire population and garrison the whole city like they did when the WTO Ministerial Conference was held here. Also, as the participants are all youths between 14-18 yrs old, the LOC would have to take into consideration that their parents would feel safer to allow their children to be sent to Singapore which is well-known around the world to be a safe city than to a city like Moscow.

Cynical me for one am not really looking forward to the days when the YOG would be held here just thinking of the road closures, route diversions and the sections of Singapore that might be cordoned off for this event. :(

To avoid all these, I think that I would go on a holiday tour overseas during that period and practice my photography skills. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.