Singapore launch of the Leica M9-P

Cactus jACK

Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
Singapore (Kallang)
[20·July·2011] A month after the world-wide launch of the Leica M9-P on 21 June 2011 in Paris [see here for more details], Leica today launch the M9-P here in Singapore. Of the 1,500 units available world-wide from the first batch, very limited numbers are available for the Singapore market.

The launch of the Leica M9-P coincided with the opening of the Abbas Photo Gallery at the Leica Store @ Raffles Hotel Arcade. While there are only about 10 pieces on display in the Leica Store, over 130 piece of Abbas's work is also currently on display at the National Museum. Further, Abbas will be conducting more talks and seminars in the coming months.

"Leica Camera AG and Magnum Photo International, Inc. have begun a technological and photographic collaboration that will build upon almost a century's worth of shared history between these two world-reknowned photographic institutions. We are please to cement this milestone by showcasing the work of legendary Magnum Photographer Abbas, as well as launching the latest Leica Product."

Abbas Gallery

Abbas Gallery

Abbas Gallery

Press briefing by Abbas, Leica, and Leica Store representatives

Press briefing by Abbas, Leica, and Leica Store representatives

What lens is that on the M9-P?

Thank you for sharing pictures.

Royale With Cheese said:
Er.... I was more busy with the cordon bleu that I didnt even touch the M9P

Belated birthday party organized for u from leica spore? :p

There were 3 sessions for the launch, any idea what the difference is?

Belated birthday party organized for u from leica spore? :p
Eh no.... I'm a nobody! haha! I'm not Abbas !

There were 3 sessions for the launch, any idea what the difference is?

I'm not too sure but the first one seems to be a press event.

Night one would be for customers, photographers, guest gathering.

Newbie question

With release of M9p, does this mean M9 production is discontinued or is M9 still being produced?

seem and play a M9P in Hk Leica shop and the black is 95% identical with the M9 black last week, Same paint and same "leather". Only no leica dot and engrave leica wording on the top instead. The chrome one has more different between the M9P and M9. At least beside the chrome color, the leather is different. So after seeing the M9P in fresh, I will keep my M9 until M10 come..haha

the first session was a press conference for the media, the second was a sneak preview for leica's VIP customers and dealers while the third session was for all leica customers :)

Which one is Abbas? Far left? :)

Abbas not there. The lady on the left works with Abbas the last 3 years and is a photographer herself.

Abbas apprentice, quite chio hor